Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
The crime of shoplifting doesn't warrant shooting by police. Attacking and attempting to run down a police officer is a different story. One less Na'lins criminal.
Article in the link states that the car was being driven away.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Do I? Do YOU?? NOPE
You do. The deputy was opening the vehicle door. He was not in its path, either forward or in reverse.

H

Old 12-12-2012, 05:27 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You do. The deputy was opening the vehicle door. He was not in its path, either forward or in reverse.

H
If you're standing between the door and the driver's seat, and the car is put in reverse, it might not be pretty for you...

And do you all really think that he shot the passenger on purpose? That's idiotic.

Hang out with people who try to run over cops, and **** happens. It's unfortunate, and he may have overreacted to some extent, but this is far from a cold blooded murder. Get a grip.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:28 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:

H
Minor detail for those doing the straw grasping and rationalizations of this.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:38 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
And do you all really think that he shot the passenger on purpose? That's idiotic.

Hang out with people who try to run over cops, and **** happens. It's unfortunate, and he may have overreacted to some extent, but this is far from a cold blooded murder. Get a grip.
He may have overreacted to some extent? I said this was murder, and it is. I did not say it was "cold blooded". Will you say I've lost my grip if I observe that if the deputy had used a Taser instead of a service revolver that there would not now be a death weighing on his conscience? And it is. Unlike many of you, this man is not so easily convinced that the victim deserved to die simply because she was acting very irresponsibly. If and when that becomes a Capital Crime we may have a real population crash to worry about.

H

Old 12-12-2012, 05:38 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
So youre laughing because a shoplifter was given the death penalty??
She gave herself the death penalty.

Darwin award nominee for sure...

Old 12-12-2012, 05:40 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
If you're standing between the door and the driver's seat, and the car is put in reverse, it might not be pretty for you...

In this case the **** that happened was very likely an illegal shooting.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:44 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
So youre laughing because a shoplifter was given the death penalty??

Now we know beyond a shadow of a Doubt the contend of his CHARACTER .......

Old 12-12-2012, 05:45 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
You steal, you pay.

End of story.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:47 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
He may have overreacted to some extent? I said this was murder, and it is. I did not say it was "cold blooded". Will you say I've lost my grip if I observe that if the deputy had used a Taser instead of a service revolver that there would not now be a death weighing on his conscience? And it is. Unlike many of you, this man is not so easily convinced that the victim deserved to die simply because she was acting very irresponsibly. If and when that becomes a Capital Crime we may have a real population crash to worry about.

H
The Sheriff Deputy was in full uniform and could've very easily used either pepper spray or his TASER and arrested the woman that hit him with the purse at the very LEAST if one of the other got away " A VERY EASY MATTER ROUNDING THEM UP LATER"......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies