Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 12:15 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Crime rate is way down but I don't expect people like you to know that. The shape America is in is much better crime wise.

Scared men with guns and hero complexes are becoming a real problem. Until one is made to pay this will only grow. It said she has a dad.
Scared men and hero complexes.....did you ever think crime is going down because of this? I would never expect you to understand that....not with your mindset....notice how crime goes down when the State is a "carry" state....but you would never believe that either....

So, tell us why the crime rate is dropping?

Old 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think one deserves death for stealing from Walmart, but when you decide to steal from ANYONE, you knowingly and fully take on the risk that someone may take exception to you taking what does not belong to you, and the possibility exists that you can get killed. You KNOW that going in. You look at yourself in the mirror, say, "I'm going to steal something today and someone might get pissed off about it but I'm going to go ahead anyway", and then you proceed. You've accepted the risk.

Now if you've stolen frequently enough and gotten away with it, you might get cocky, feel invincible, let your guard down. The risk still exists, however.

Good point. Repped you for it too. There are consequences and increased risks for ones actions. In this instance, it ended badly. They shouldn't have attempted to run the cop down. Sad story all the way around.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:17 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yes, exactly.

Take the license plate number and make a report.

Life is not a TV show.
And then? This was a police officer, albeit off duty. By your logic, I guess the police or Walmart are supposed to send her a letter requesting she give the stuff back or would she please show up at court?

That you seriously believe what you are writing is mind boggling. Hope you never need the assistance of the police, after all they shouldn't put themselves in harm's way.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:18 PM

111 posts, read 91,622 times
wal mart security should not be positioning their vehicles in front of moving cars to begin with. what the guy did was reckless and irresponsible.

The guy may have also been a deputy, but he was working paul blart's job at the time. Write up a report and give it to mister manager.

Instead he pulled some **** that wound up with a person dead, a kid traumatized and motherless and his employer (most likely) sued.

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Thats what he said. I bet what really happened is they made him mad and he shot her. Oh well he will get away with it. In the courts of this Country anyway.
Well if "YOU" think that is what happened, then it must be what happened.. Afterall, "YOU" not being there and not witnessing anything are much superior to stand in judgement of those who were there.. Ever been to a Wal Mart parking lot that didn't have video surveylance of the parking lot? I haven't.. Knowing that, why would he lie? I am sure "YOU" have an answer for that as well.

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think one deserves death for stealing from Walmart, but when you decide to steal from ANYONE, you knowingly and fully take on the risk that someone may take exception to you taking what does not belong to you, and the possibility exists that you can get killed. You KNOW that going in. You look at yourself in the mirror, say, "I'm going to steal something today and someone might get pissed off about it but I'm going to go ahead anyway", and then you proceed. You've accepted the risk.

Now if you've stolen frequently enough and gotten away with it, you might get cocky, feel invincible, let your guard down. The risk still exists, however.

Now, this woman wasn't exactly shot for shoplifting, it seems, but the stealing led to her death.
Perhaps, but I don't think that's the issue here.

I think the issue is law enforcement who are supposed to protect everyone - even if they're in a car with shoplifters - from grave harm. The officer had a duty to protect the two innocent children first.

There has to be some expectation that they use better sense than the criminal they're trying to apprehend.

Otherwise, we're just in for a free for all where anything goes on both sides.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Oh, so it's the cop's fault. Should he now be charged with homicide ?
Should the city/county offer restitution to the victim ?
Should Walmart be made to pay as well since they hired him ?

What the hell is wrong with America that you're all sympathizing with the criminals here ?
Was there something stopping him from getting the make/model of the car and the license plate number?

Why does it seem people with guns (lately) feel they have to go all Rambo on petty criminals?

Or even people who aren't criminals but look 'suspicious' and 'threatening'.

Where's it going to end?

I am not against gun ownership; I have a handgun, myself.

But these stories of people over-reacting to situations and killing people do, indeed, make me angry.

Someone might think you or I look threatening; I don't want to die that way.

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Well if "YOU" think that is what happened, then it must be what happened.. Afterall, "YOU" not being there and not witnessing anything are much superior to stand in judgement of those who were there.. Ever been to a Wal Mart parking lot that didn't have video surveylance of the parking lot? I haven't.. Knowing that, why would he lie? I am sure "YOU" have an answer for that as well.
And knowing that, why didn't the guy do the safe thing for all concerned and apprehend them when they weren't putting others at risk?

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Tragically, Frey wasn't even supposed to be at a Walmart that evening.

Earlier in the year she pleaded guilty to stealing shirts and a package of meat from another Walmart and as part of her plea arrangement she agreed to never enter Walmart stores again
As a habitual criminal, if she had followed her agreement she would be alive today.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:20 PM

397 posts, read 257,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Scared men and hero complexes.....did you ever think crime is going down because of this? I would never expect you to understand that....not with your mindset....notice how crime goes down when the State is a "carry" state....but you would never believe that either....

So, tell us why the crime rate is dropping?
Many theories as to why. Scared men who cant fight and suddenly get a gun feel cocky and confident for the first time in their wimpy lives. From that day on they are looking for someone who "fits" their fantasy to kill. Many are on this board.

This guy is out getting drinks bought for him by his friends while those kids are looking for their mom. Hope your glee is comforting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies