Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 11:00 AM

1,520 posts, read 1,874,416 times

Advertisements

The President does not have to spend time bickering with Congress to raise the nation's debt limit nor should he. As he stated, he is not going to "negotiate" with Congress over the matter. He doesn't have to bicker with them. All he has to do is issue and executive order to tell the mint to make trillion dollar Platinum coins to cover the debts. I hope he does.
Can a $1 trillion coin end debt ceiling crisis? - Economy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 11:06 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
The President does not have to spend time bickering with Congress to raise the nation's debt limit nor should he. As he stated, he is not going to "negotiate" with Congress over the matter. He doesn't have to bicker with them. All he has to do is issue and executive order to tell the mint to make trillion dollar Platinum coins to cover the debts. I hope he does.

The difference between that and 10 year treasuries is less than 2%. One is interest bearing money while the other isn't. Now give me a coin I can convert into 1 trillion worth in platinum.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:06 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Obama is more worried about his legacy now.

I say by all means go ahead go nuclear and see what happens. Go ahead, make the move....

Old 01-04-2013, 11:12 AM

768 posts, read 880,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Obama is more worried about his legacy now.

I say by all means go ahead go nuclear and see what happens. Go ahead, make the move....
Some might say his profligate ways are already yielding a backlash...
Fed Minutes: "We Lied" in [Market-Ticker]

For all his gung-ho remarks, Bernanke probably isnt crazy, and will at some point may put a stop to the behaviour of the childlike leader and his gang.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:38 AM

46,312 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
You mean he is not doing that now?

Damn...could of fooled me and a lot of others....

Old 01-05-2013, 06:50 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,240 times
Quote:
Yep,...some Americans want a dictator.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
Obama is not going to have a choice but to debate about it. He is not the boy king.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:00 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Obama is not going to have a choice but to debate about it. He is not the boy king.
No, the only thing he has to do is tell Treasury to pay the bills Congress rang up.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:25 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
We all know Obama cares nothing about the US Constitution or the balance of powers and division of powers. He truly does view himself as some kind of dictator that will make and change all laws to fit his agenda, he doesn't believe there should be a Congress, much less that he has to work with Congress. He is ruling by edict.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
We all know Obama cares nothing about the US Constitution or the balance of powers and division of powers. He truly does view himself as some kind of dictator that will make and change all laws to fit his agenda, he doesn't believe there should be a Congress, much less that he has to work with Congress. He is ruling by edict.
Obama affirmed an oath to uphold the Constitution, which is what telling Treasury to pay the Congressional bills would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies