Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 09:58 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times

Advertisements

I think she is the sister of the Wit brothers, Dim and Nit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 10:37 AM

691 posts, read 771,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I must say, if I was this woman, I would go into hiding for a while after she was totally annihilated by Neil Cavuto yesterday. She showed her true colors when she was hard pressed for a simple answer from a simple question. She could not come up with a answer. I don't know which is worse, Rep Sheila Jackson Lee who said 'Entitlements are Earned' or this woman.

Video
‘Shut Up!’ Neil Cavuto and Dem Rep. Battle it Out in Must See Interview | Video | TheBlaze.com

Cavuto repeatedly pressed Rep. Johnson for specifics on what Democrats would be willing to cut as part of a budget agreement.

“No, you told me things you’d do to raise taxes. That’s what you told me. Credits, allowances, that sort of stuff. That’s what you told me,” Cavuto said.

“You’ve got to talk about revenue generation,” the congresswoman replied.

“I know that, but it’s 100 percent of what you’re talking about, congresswoman,” said Cavuto.

“It is not 100 percent of what I’m talking about. If you’d shut up for just a second, I would try,” she responded.

Cavuto shot back: “You got to tell me one thing you’d cut. I beg you congresswoman, one thing you would say, I would cut this. What would it be?”

Rep. Johnson thought for a moment and responded: “You.”

A pause.

“You don’t know, do you?” asked Cavuto.
More proof of the failure of affirmitive action.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:46 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How did she get on the show? Obviously she's not generally recognized by viewers (and I had never heard of her before this), so she's not an obvious choice for a guest. Did Fox pick out the weakest link?
Wow! You'd do well to google this bimbo to learn what a idiot she is. So why is she not an obvious choice for the show? Is it inappropriate to interview Congresspersons who influence the process? This woman was given ample opportunity to answer a simple question and the only response she could come up with was to tell the show's host to shut up. If she doesn't know where to cut today then she just is not prepared to do her job. But this is the tactic of her political clan. And demonstrates the low quality of Congressional performance.

And yes, Neil Cavuto is absolutely a treasure. And superhero.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
You are painting with too broad of a brush, I would bet there are some staunch fiscal conservatives in her district that did not support her and want cuts. There could be some {D}s that are embarrassed that she could not name any considering wasteful spending and program duplication.
There are some conservatives in her district it runs largely through south Dallas where I suspect most citizens don't bother to vote. Or vote according to some set of instructions. Or let some ACORN representative use their voter registration to vote for them. The conservatives are very outnumbered by non-con.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I saw that. That woman is really stupid! But, she is typical of most Democrats. Will not answer, cannot answer, do not want to answer.
That was O'Bomba's compaign platform.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I think she is the sister of the Wit brothers, Dim and Nit.
She's the one they call 'NO'

Old 12-14-2012, 11:25 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
not surprised

Old 12-14-2012, 11:38 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I see a lot of that on Fox - particularly O'Reilly. It's basically the reason I quit watching him. On the rare occasion - someone high ranking with intelligence - agreed to be on his show~ he often wouldn't even let them talk.

So - no.
rubbish. these are talk show hosts asking questions to people that refuse to give any kind of answer. ask them a simple question, like cavuto did with the congresswoman, and they filibuster hoping that no one will notice that they are not answering the question. it also provides insight as to what they consider spending, IE tax cuts and allowances, as well as what spending they are willing to cut, which in fact is NONE.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:42 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I must say, if I was this woman, I would go into hiding for a while after she was totally annihilated by Neil Cavuto yesterday. She showed her true colors when she was hard pressed for a simple answer from a simple question. She could not come up with a answer. I don't know which is worse, Rep Sheila Jackson Lee who said 'Entitlements are Earned' or this woman.

Video
‘Shut Up!’ Neil Cavuto and Dem Rep. Battle it Out in Must See Interview | Video | TheBlaze.com

Cavuto repeatedly pressed Rep. Johnson for specifics on what Democrats would be willing to cut as part of a budget agreement.

“No, you told me things you’d do to raise taxes. That’s what you told me. Credits, allowances, that sort of stuff. That’s what you told me,” Cavuto said.

“You’ve got to talk about revenue generation,” the congresswoman replied.

“I know that, but it’s 100 percent of what you’re talking about, congresswoman,” said Cavuto.

“It is not 100 percent of what I’m talking about. If you’d shut up for just a second, I would try,” she responded.

Cavuto shot back: “You got to tell me one thing you’d cut. I beg you congresswoman, one thing you would say, I would cut this. What would it be?”

Rep. Johnson thought for a moment and responded: “You.”

A pause.

“You don’t know, do you?” asked Cavuto.
The funniest part of the interview was when she said she is willing to do spending cuts on tax breaks for the wealthy.

That is absolutely just like Lee's "entitlements are earned" pronouncement.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:11 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
People sent this woman to be their rep in congress and she could not answer a simple question ? if that was too much heat she does not belong representing anyone. Hopefully the people in her district will see the interview and give themselves one of these
The people she represents are mirrors of herself. They are all as worthless as she is.

They are the parasite class and where we really screwed up as a nation is when we gave the takers the right to vote.

Let me be clear, anyone who receives government entitlement monies (unemployment, welfare, EBT card or Section 8 housing) due only to low to zero income they receive should not be allowed to vote. If you want a say in how government is run you should have some skin in the game which means paying your fair share for running of government.

I can hear the liberal screech already so let me clarify that those receiving money not tied to low income, such as social security or disability checks, government retirement checks, those receiving medicare due to disability, those receiving subsidized rental aid, transportation or food aid due to disability are not part of the parasite class and would be welcome to vote.

Of course the left will rant and rave how all this is unfair to the population that sports an IQ slightly lower than a banana slug but so be it. Stupid people should not vote for stupid people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies