Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 02:28 PM

734 posts, read 932,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I read she was a collector and went to gun shows.
It's too bad that she didn't keep those guns hidden and locked up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 02:28 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
And adding even more Guns into the mix would be such a great idea. Let's up that body count!
Yeah. Because a couple of trained, armed staff members would have been killing more children rather than trying to take out the bad guy.

There's no guarantee had there been armed staff that the result would have been better. But there is at least a chance. That's better than nothing.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:29 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If that were the case then she would have had a lot more than 5 guns because she did have money.
Owning 5 guns does not make you a fanatic.
rifle, shotgun, handgun are 3 already and those are just the basics.
And therein lies the problem with America. There are too many people in this country with your kind of mindset. Consequently, tragedies like the mass murder in Connecticut are almost certain to repeat itself in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
An obsession with violent and graphic games may have contributed to this.
There are millions of kids across America who are obsessed with violent video games. Very few of them have access to guns like Adam did. Therefore easy access to guns was the ultimate contributor.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:29 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Change the name of this thread. You in no way are representing the mother of the CT killer....

Old 12-16-2012, 02:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
It's too bad that she didn't keep those guns hidden and locked up.
They could have very well been locked up. The son tried to buy a gun earlier in the week but didn't want to wait 14 days for the background check.

Maybe stealing the guns was his plan B and killed his mother in the process of getting at the guns.

We'll never know what happened in that house that morning though.

Some stories have made her out to be a gun loving end of the world fanatic..mostly from her sister in law who is really her ex sister in law. But those same comments are not coming from others interviewed.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:32 PM

734 posts, read 932,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I am also very familiar with the community, as I grew up in Danbury (and Westchester) and have several friends in the area and visit frequently. I actually use the shooting ranges in Danbury and Greenwich on a regular basis.

Not once have I ever thought of the community as full of survivalist preppers. I know at least 4 families in the area and none of them even own a gun.

Stop spreading misinformation.
My ex husband was born and raised in the community. Owning guns is part of the Newtown culture. It is a very insulated community and I'll leave it at that.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:33 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
So?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:35 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
My ex husband was born and raised in the community. Owning guns is part of the Newtown culture. It is a very insulated community and I'll leave it at that.
This is one of the most absurd things I've read here and could not be any more wrong. Have you ever even been there recently?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:36 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
She seems like a loon too, I bet that's why her husband divorced her and the sane son went with him.
Fair chance she committed suicide which pushed her mental son over the edge.

My new theory.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
And therein lies the problem with America. There are too many people in this country with your kind of mindset. Consequently, tragedies like the mass murder in Connecticut are almost certain to repeat itself in the future.

There are millions of kids across America who are obsessed with violent video games. Very few of them have access to guns like Adam did. Therefore easy access to guns was the ultimate contributor.
You don't know that. For all you know his mother could have been shot dead because she wouldn't give him access.

I think if he did have easy access then he wouldn't have tried to buy is own gun and could have taken the guns when his mother wasn't around.

We'll never know though because he shot his mother dead before going on his rampage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies