Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 06:12 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
No, what's sad is the insane still babbling about their 2nd Amendment rights and concocting all sorts of stupidity to justify their obsession with their testicle substitutes.
With all the nut cases running around out there, I don't blame them for wanting to be armed. I, sometimes, wonder if I'm the loony for not owning a gun. I hope the day never comes that I wish I'd bought one but I realize it may.

Guns are not the problem. The shooter is the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 06:14 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, let's deny the mentally ill of their constitutional rights on the small chance we might cut down on homicides.
If you had a mentally ill daughter would you deny her the constitutional right she has to be a parent?

Old 12-15-2012, 06:15 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
With all the nut cases running around out there, I don't blame them for wanting to be armed. I, sometimes, wonder if I'm the loony for not owning a gun. I hope the day never comes that I wish I'd bought one but I realize it may.

BS, had the little pantywaist coward went in the school with a knife he would have been disarmed and had his arse kicked in minutes.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:19 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
BS, had the little pantywaist coward went in the school with a knife he would have been disarmed and had his arse kicked in minutes.
And what if he showed up with bombs? That's what Tim McVeigh and Kehoe used. So you can kick a knife out of someone's hand. Big deal. There are so many other options besides guns and knives out there.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:19 AM

408 posts, read 215,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
There are 2 parties present here..
1. Anti-Gun
2. Pro-gun

There are those that state banning guns for personal use
There are those stating “arm 5 year olds”
This is precisely the kind of ridiculous hyperbole that so purposefully misrepresents the "Pro-gun party" that the "pro-gun party" just dismisses you out of hand. Such flippant, insulting and incendiary comments prove that you are not here to engage in a serious dialogue, you are only here to advance a political agenda using children in a throwaway comment that makes no reasoned point.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:21 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Its always something or someone elses fault with liberals.
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just remember..."Never let a crisis go to waste". Jackels have jumped on this tragedy to further a political position.
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If there are mentally ill running loose on society why are folks trying to disarm society. We should be allowed to protect ourselves from these people.
Yep

Quote:
What's wrong with this country is a failure to expect/take personal responsibility.
Yep

When society substitutes discipline and responsibility with Ritalin and political correctness, you get Sandy Hook.

Connecticut has some of the toughest anti-gun laws in the country. Oopsie!

Old 12-15-2012, 06:28 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
Quote:
And what if he showed up with bombs? That's what Tim McVeigh and Kehoe used. So you can kick a knife out of someone's hand. Big deal. There are so many other options besides guns and knives out there.
Bombs? please you're average American has a hard enough time following a cake recipe let alone make a bomb plus there's a fair probability the bomb maker will blow himself up or be detected before he can carry something out like this.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:30 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, let's deny the mentally ill of their constitutional rights on the small chance we might cut down on homicides.
What about the unalienable right to life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness that was lost by 27 people yesterday. Only shooters should have rights?

Old 12-15-2012, 06:31 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
"Connecticut has some of the toughest anti-gun laws in the country. Oopsie!"

Don't you just love the "I told you so" air to comments like this one? The lack of sympathy is absolutely despicable.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:35 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:

Nuclear weapons aren't the problem. The guy who pushes the red button is the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies