Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:37 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,330,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
That nutball shooter was shot dead before he could slaughter a bunch of innocent people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 08:39 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The only person who said that the gunman saw him is the citizen. The gun man might have been looking in the general direction, but how far away was he? He was taking cover behind a pillar, so how much of him was showing? He wasn't standing out in the open and aiming at the gunman, he SAID he was taking cover.

Taking cover is usually putting something between you and the other person (pillar). How did the gunman see him through a pillar?

I think that the citizen did the right thing in not firing inside a mall. He said himself, that there was a chance that he might have hit another person. He used good judgement in this situation. I commend him for staying level headed, calm, using reason, and basically doing what anyone who has a CW license is trained to do.
What are you talking about..? he clearly says...

"After the shooter saw him, he then shortly took his own life". Please consider the told story straight by the young man who is obviously telling the truth and acted the best he could fully against the attack. The attack against the public was definitely altered. The shooter was reloading, the young guy aimed got ready to shoot and saw movement by another person very close to the target and waited, the shooter saw him...then killed himself . The gun was reloaded as all this was happening. It seems he is heroic and seen by the killer, no one else got killed which was what was going on, reloading with obviously further intentions to kill more people.

Last edited by stargazzer; 12-17-2012 at 08:50 AM..

Old 12-17-2012, 09:22 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
What are you talking about..? he clearly says...

"After the shooter saw him, he then shortly took his own life". Please consider the told story straight by the young man who is obviously telling the truth and acted the best he could fully against the attack. The attack against the public was definitely altered. The shooter was reloading, the young guy aimed got ready to shoot and saw movement by another person very close to the target and waited, the shooter saw him...then killed himself . The gun was reloaded as all this was happening. It seems he is heroic and seen by the killer, no one else got killed which was what was going on, reloading with obviously further intentions to kill more people.

I have thought someone was looking directly at me before, from across a mall, but I still had to wave my arms to get that person to see me.

Someone looking in the direction of a person, does not mean that the person SEES them. I'm not saying that the civilian didn't think that the shooter saw him, but it is impossible to tell if the shooter actually saw him.

The article said that the shooters gun jammed, no mention of reloading. The article said that the civilian was BEHIND a pillar. How is it possible to determine if the shooter actually saw the civilian behind the pillar, or if he was just looking in the general direction?

The story doesn't say that the shooter yelled out "I see you person behind the pillar with a gun"
It was an assumption that the shooter saw him.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:11 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I have thought someone was looking directly at me before, from across a mall, but I still had to wave my arms to get that person to see me.

Someone looking in the direction of a person, does not mean that the person SEES them. I'm not saying that the civilian didn't think that the shooter saw him, but it is impossible to tell if the shooter actually saw him.

The article said that the shooters gun jammed, no mention of reloading. The article said that the civilian was BEHIND a pillar. How is it possible to determine if the shooter actually saw the civilian behind the pillar, or if he was just looking in the general direction?

The story doesn't say that the shooter yelled out "I see you person behind the pillar with a gun"
It was an assumption that the shooter saw him.
The above is changing the told story fully explained in the tape, and trying to add a completely inappropriate analogy.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:37 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,072,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Has Anybody Ever Wondered Why Nobody Has Ever Committed A Murder Or Mass Shooting Spree At A 'Gun Show?
No.

We've also never wondered why nobody has ever committed a murder or a mass shooting spree at a flower show, either.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This might be the most ignorant post i've ever witnessed.

Did it occur to you that they sell ammunition at a GUN SHOW??????

This is why we don't need ignorant people making gun laws.

Un****ingbelievable.
Killers like to go into places where they can take their loaded guns and start shooting as opposed go in with an empty weapon (as you suggest), and then start ripping open boxes of ammo, and loading his guns in front of his intended victimes, who are also armed with empty guns. I guess them everyone starts ripping open ammo-boxes and the guy who is the fastest in ripping and loading wins the fight. I mean, that would be a seriously stupid scenario. Have you ever heard of a killer who approached his victim with an empty gun and then put the bullets in the magazine while the victim waited with him? And you insult me???? Think before you post.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-17-2012 at 02:11 PM..

Old 12-17-2012, 01:55 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times
Killers like to go to places where they know folks won't fight back. I suggest the liberals cut out certain states and make them all gun free zones and move there and see what happens.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:58 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,435,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Thanks. That could be the title of the shortest adventure novel ever. I can see the headline now.

Depressed spoiled kid attempts to shoot up a gun show. Assault lasts for three seconds before the perpetrator is killed by multiple gunshots. It would be a short novel.
More likely it'd be several seconds as everyone took cover. Then longer as each return shooter was 100% sure their lane of fire to the shooter was clear, just to be safe from hitting any innocents. Call it 15 seconds for anyone with good reflexes, as much as 45 seconds for everyone else.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:05 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,776 times
There has never been a massacre at a dog show, comic convention, tupperware party, etc, either. I don't think the lack of massacres at gun shows proves anything.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:14 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,069 times
EXPERT level skill and HUGE balls!

Wilson Combat CQB One Hand - YouTube

Accept - Balls To The Wall - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies