Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:10 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,803,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
At least they spell it out what they want to reduce, if not eliminate these kinds of mass shootings.
(patiently)

But what they spell out, WON'T reduce these mass shootings.

That's the whole point here.

And I asked a followup question: If these people aren't proposing things to stop the mass shootings, what IS their intention behind these constant demands for gun bans, restrictions, etc.?

Neither you nor anyone else here, has answered that question.

Still waiting.

Last edited by Little-Acorn; 12-17-2012 at 11:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,871,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Oh I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about the prepper mom, not the kid who refused to take a background check and therefore couldn't purchase the weapon he wanted.
Yes, we were talking about the prepper mom. If he killed her for guns, what did he kill her with?

Old 12-17-2012, 11:14 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,871,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
(patiently)

But what they spell out, WON'T reduce these mass shootings.

That's the whole point here.

And I asked a followup question: If these people aren't proposing things to stop the mass shootngs, what IS their intention behind these constant demands for gun bans, restrictions, etc.?

Neither you nor anyone else here, has answered that question.

Still waiting.
So you started on the premise of anti-gun agenda and what they want to do, while also claiming that you don't know what they want?

Grow up, and share what is YOUR solution. Or, do you simply believe that we can put the death of these 20 children and a few adults aside as being just another instance that will happen regularly and don't need to be "used" for anything.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,163,847 times
Quote:
anti-gun fanatics'
Just for the record, I'm not an anti-gun fanatic.

I am fanatical about not having another classroom full of six year olds slaughtered execution style by a maniac. I would tell you to keep your eye on the ball, but I have a feeling you're looking at the wrong ball entirely.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:18 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,163,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Oh I'm sorry again, this isn't about her, even though you made her the subject of your post, this is about him. How stupid of me.

That stupid irresponsible woman, being killed for her guns.
I can't believe I have to break this down.

Quite obviously, he already had the guns in his possession when he killed her with them. She was an irresponsible gun owner-- I couldn't get at my father's guns... They were in a gun safe.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:18 AM

691 posts, read 772,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
He wasn't the owner. The 'responsible' gun owner in this case was the 'prepper' mom who allowed her mentally ill son access to her guns.

Responsible, my ass.

The mom was killed in her sleep. She did not give him "access to her guns" . I agree that her guns should have been locked up and the ammo kept away from psycho boy.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:20 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,480,490 times
Quote:
Just for the record, I'm not an anti-gun fanatic.

I am fanatical about not having another classroom full of six year olds slaughtered execution style by a maniac. I would tell you to keep your eye on the ball, but I have a feeling you're looking at the wrong ball entirely.
Let's see. The school had a security system that was easily breached. Why wouldn't the glass have been bullet proof if they are going to go through the trouble of setting up a security camera and lock the doors? Sounds like that would have helped more than anything. Also, who didn't see the AR-15 this kid was holding while they were viewing him over the security cam?

Old 12-17-2012, 11:22 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,240,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
The mom was killed in her sleep. She did not give him "access to her guns" . I agree that her guns should have been locked up and the ammo kept away from psycho boy.
Based on what we know so far - I agree.

I am allowing though that there have been many errors in reporting so far in this story.

We will continue to learn more in the coming days and weeks about Lanza's behavior and state of mind. Good questions that deserve answers:

- why didn't his mother see/detect this coming?
- why didn't she secure her guns?
- and of course, what drove Lanza to do this?

Old 12-17-2012, 11:22 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,870,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Yes, we were talking about the prepper mom. If he killed her for guns, what did he kill her with?
Quote:
I can't believe I have to break this down.

Quite obviously, he already had the guns in his possession when he killed her with them. She was an irresponsible gun owner-- I couldn't get at my father's guns... They were in a gun safe.
And quite obviously, in a close up situation with a family member (wait, was she asleep?), you could kill someone with a fork if you really wanted to. We're not talking massacre here.

But you two go on believing that if he had not been able to steal one of her guns in order to kill her for the rest, he would have thrown up his hands in despair, given up on the entire plot, and gone on to become an accountant and live a normal life.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:26 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,588,333 times
Quote:
Ever since the horrific shootings in Connecticut, we have heard the usual leftist fanatics demand gun bans, assault weapon bans, huge taxes on guns, on ammo, more background checks for purchasers, shutting down gun shows, all the usual schemes.

Not one of them, of course, would have stopped any of the recent mass shootings.

People with mass murder in mind, have no problem getting guns and ammo, planning out their crimes, and executing them. And they even (gasp) violate laws to do it. Only law-abiding citizens (the ones who never shoot people) obey those laws. The mass murderers are unaffected.

It is becoming increasingly clear, that stopping the mass shootings is NOT what the gun-control crowd wants.

You have to wonder what they DO want... and why.

Why do these people try so hard to restrict law-abiding people, when it's the lawbreakers who keep killing us? What is the gun-control crowd's real purpose?
Eliminating resistance, disarming the masses so the unwashed masses have no ability to defend themselves from eachother or the encroaching police-state. This is exploiting the tragedy for their agenda.
I believe this is a result of mind control. How they picked this kid, we will never know, but they create the problem, reaction, solution, Hegelian dialectic. They don't give a damn about human life, it's about power over us, that is the end goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies