Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 01:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times

Advertisements

Lolz what does this prove besides people are dumb and reactionary? Except that some far right folks are ready and eager to get to change the subject and try and score points.

The gun pushers are getting antsy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 01:24 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
The gun pushers are getting antsy.
Actually they're not. Gun sales have never been higher. Makes the other side nuts as witnessed by their comments. They're both (sides that is) UNBALANCED.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:27 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
3 days after a tragedy I'm supposed to feel sorry for the NRA? Not going to happen. I'll save my sympathy for the families in CT.
Translation: 3 days after this tragedy, you expect me to have a balanced view about violence? Not going to happen. I'm not going to dilute my disgust with civility.

The knee jerk reactionaries are out in force. When their stance is "use violence to stop violence" they look like fools.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:28 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Translation: 3 days after this tragedy, you expect me to have a balanced view about violence? Not going to happen. I'm not going to dilute my disgust with civility.
Pretty much nailed it!

Old 12-17-2012, 01:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post

The NRA spends billions on behalf of gun manufactures to pimp idiots into believing they need Ak-47s to defend their trailors. This is and has always been about money, selling more and more guns.......
Assuming there is any thruth to this story, how does anyone know who makes these calls or their motivations? Do whack jobs who make death threats identify their political leanings when doing so?

How about the calls into the Newtown church where services were held? Were such threats to finish the job made by conservatives?

Why would anyone paint death threats with a broad political brush?

Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Civility: NRA Leaders and Members Getting Death Threats - Katie Pavlich

Typical, the "so-called" peaceful Left wants to use violence because of violence!!!!
[/indent]
Honestly...if you want to do something effective to curb gun violence...ban gun sales to registered Democrats. They are not rational enough to be trusted with something where they could hurt themselves or others.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:51 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
I'm an NRA life member. I'm easy to find since my license plate looks like the one below. If you see me out, feel free to say "hi".

Old 12-17-2012, 01:57 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
The devil with the NRA. We ought to round up their leaders and try them for accessory to murder.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:59 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

The knee jerk reactionaries are out in force. When their stance is "use violence to stop violence" they look like fools.
Tweets by anonymous tweeters is not something that is going to elicit a strong emotional response from me. Not defending it, just saying it's not something that is going to move me.

Fee free to hold a candlelight vigil for the NRA, let me know how many people show up.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:20 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Honestly...if you want to do something effective to curb gun violence...ban gun sales to registered Democrats. They are not rational enough to be trusted with something where they could hurt themselves or others.
Are you saying they are closet gun owners?

Hippies of the sixties and seventies, have become the dysfunctional parents, teachers and politicians of today. They feared everything then, and fear everything now. They hate guns because they kill, yet defend murderers on death row. They are outraged that 20 children were murdered, while defending the 50M murders of unborn babies.

If Hypocrisy was a course, they would all have a 4.0 GPA

These are the people who want to stop gun violence; even if they have to kill every gun owner to do it!

DUH to infinity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies