Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 05:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,162,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
And it's only become a political issue in recent history. Jerry Falwell and some other fundies stumbled upon it as a way to enrich themselves and manipulate their sheep in the 1970s.

Turns out they were right.
And they sure did a good job....but happily common sense prevailed and abortion is still legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 05:01 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
As least it based on fact not some bullsh*t contrived a couple of thousand years ago to explain thing they had not way of understanding.
Some of Science is based on fact and some of it is based on what you BELIEVE to be fact.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:01 PM

37,146 posts, read 42,245,999 times
Quote:
You are comparing a life to a life, my rebuttal was someone comparing 20 deaths to the 1 million abortions.

So which one would you save and why?

20 real living breathing people vs billions who never were for whatever reason. It's no contest. Even 1 real living breathing person wins.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,654,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Comparing apples to automobiles is fun huh.
In your opinion its apples to automobiles.

In the opinion of many its apples to apples....

life is life, a fetus has a heartbeat. To stop its life, you forcebly have to go in and kill it. If you leave it alone it becomes a life.

It all goes back to my original point... Alot of pro-choicers don't see a fetus as a life. Just like alot of people didn't see blacks as human beings. Time later proved that group wrong. I wonder if we will see the same thing on our opinion of a fetus. Time will tell...

Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
What I find interesting is the large number of right wingers that support things like mandatory ultrasounds, transvaginal probes, physician consultation, waiting periods, special taxes, bans on late term procedures, etc. as reasonable mandates put in place by government with the goal of reducing abortions.

However, if you mention that mental health evaluations, waiting periods, background checks on private sales, ammo taxes, restrictions on magazine capacity, barrel lengths, etc. might be good common sense measures to reduce the number of innocent people killed by guns they freak out and the hyperbole starts flying.

Hypocrites are the worst kind of scumbag in existence.
GREAT post and true!!!!

Old 12-17-2012, 05:05 PM

37,146 posts, read 42,245,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
In your opinion its apples to automobiles.

In the opinion of many its apples to apples....

life is life, a fetus has a heartbeat. To stop its life, you forcebly have to go in and kill it. If you leave it alone it becomes a life.

It all goes back to my original point... Alot of pro-choicers don't see a fetus as a life. Just like alot of people didn't see blacks as human beings. Time later proved that group wrong. I wonder if we will see the same thing on our opinion of a fetus. Time will tell...
So which would you choose and why.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:08 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,049,449 times
Quote:
Ok....

2011 Murders
Gun crime statistics by US state: download the data. Visualised | World news | guardian.co.uk

12,664 murders
8,583 were caused by firearm

If you go past the murder statistics...

Numbers from 2007
31,224 people died from gun injuries (mostly suicides)
How many people were killed by guns in America last year

vs....

nearly 1 million abortions a year.

ever hear the term... a flea fart in a hurricane?

Speaking of hypocrites... 1 million lives a year... nothing.... 9k lives a year, OMG BAN EVERYTHING!

The comparison is quite apt.

Considering that "lives" lost in abortion really aren't "lives" at all.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
As least it based on fact not some bullsh*t contrived a couple of thousand years ago to explain thing they had not way of understanding.

Science has also agreed, the world is flat, leeches cure disease, and much more...

I don't really see why religion is the point, its more a common sense life thing.

Been awhile since I took a biology class, but I remember "life" being defined as an organism that metabolized food, produce waste, and grows.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
According to popular opinion back then, """""

Yup, "opinion", NOT science.

"""blacks and jews WERE NOT humans.... they were below white males. Just like at a time Women were considered less then a man. Hence things like them not allowed to vote, own land, share a bathroom or waterfountain, etc....

YOU think a fetus isn't a living human. It is a highly debated thing, just like I am sure there were people that felt jews and blacks were living humans as well. They were treated less then modern service dogs are treated.

Rape, murder, theft, etc... has been around, its not going to away either."""

No, but they are legally crimes and the perpetrators are ususally punished for committing a crime....was there a point?

"""I was just stating in the past it was believed, blacks and jews were humans, and we changed our thoughts on that, and look back and with contempt for those that didn't believe they were humans.

The same thing could happen with abortion and fetuses in the future.""

Science won't change a fetus into a baby and neither will history.

"""I do agree its peoples choice, as many people have beliefs that are different mind and don't believe the same as me. I am just stating, I wonder what the future will hold for us, and our generations. Will we be thought of as the germans who didn't do anything.
We DID something right, we gave women the right to their own body. We will be thought of as enlightened, fair, sensible, scientific, kind and pratical.

The Anti-Choice people, like the Nazis, don't believe an individual has a riight to their own body.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
The comparison is quite apt.

Considering that "lives" lost in abortion really aren't "lives" at all.
In your opinion of what life is.

Just like it was the opinion of many Blacks weren't men, and woman don't deserve to own land or vote.

Isn't this fun?!?!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies