Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 06:41 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

Today I had two cops and one active duty military guys as patients. All three said that they are NRA members and do not support gun control measures at all, as they do not limit gun violence. Interestingly, all said that if ordered to "confiscate weapons", they would ignore such orders.

If and when the libs get down to guns and ammo confiscation, who do you think would perform such duties? Most of the military and cops I know would refuse such orders and would side with the gun owners. Do you think that Obama and his political sidekicks would try to go door to door themselves?

Libs will try to ban/limit ammunition sales, which will be nullified by state laws. What then?

Any lib have any idea how in the world you would acquire that guns and ammo in the US? Even with limits on manufacturing, have you ever heard of a black market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 06:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Wow. The paranoid conservatives among us are really starting to panic.

Who's introducing laws to confiscate guns, and how do you see that type of law passing Congress and being upheld by the Supreme Court?

Think, my man. Think. And remain calm.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:46 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Wow. The paranoid conservatives among us are really starting to panic.

Who's introducing laws to confiscate guns, and how do you see that type of law passing Congress and being upheld by the Supreme Court?

Think, my man. Think. And remain calm.
Muzzle Feinstein and all will be well.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:53 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
I'm sure a voluntary return / buyback program will work just fine like it does in places like Chicago & LA.

Maybe Obama will tie it to Obamacare and let the IRS enforce.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:53 PM

37,192 posts, read 19,200,869 times
If any guns were to be declared illegal, the black market can operate all it wants to. The penalties for being caught with contraband arms may be a lot more than the gun owners want to think about.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Today I had two cops and one active duty military guys as patients. All three said that they are NRA members and do not support gun control measures at all, as they do not limit gun violence. Interestingly, all said that if ordered to "confiscate weapons", they would ignore such orders.

If and when the libs get down to guns and ammo confiscation, who do you think would perform such duties? Most of the military and cops I know would refuse such orders and would side with the gun owners. Do you think that Obama and his political sidekicks would try to go door to door themselves?

Libs will try to ban/limit ammunition sales, which will be nullified by state laws. What then?

Any lib have any idea how in the world you would acquire that guns and ammo in the US? Even with limits on manufacturing, have you ever heard of a black market?

This "lib" would say that no one is going to come and confiscate the weapons of Americans. It simply isn't going to happen. As you correctly relate, no member of the military or law enforcement entity would follow such an order. For the truly paranoid who believe that U.N. troops would try, the liberals would side with gun owners. That leaves a bunch of aging hippies and Buddhists in sandals knocking on front doors and asking for donations. Not gonna happen. At times like this, it might be helpful if we consider the rights of our children to live as safely as possible first and foremost.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:58 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,474 times
Quote:

Prowly CUZ Police, Military and Firemen took an oath to protect the Constitution.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:09 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times
We need to utilize prison labor in this country. Send the convicts to do the job.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:11 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
Why confiscate? Just tax them and make them illegal to sell. People will voluntarily hand them over.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:13 PM

518 posts, read 406,698 times
Quote:
Nobody's ordering a blanket confiscation, so you can temper your paranoia. If, however, an enlisted man chooses to disobey a direct order from a superior and if a police officer refuses to enforce a law that people want enforced, well, let's just put it this way: the former would be in the brig, and the latter would be out of a job. It's that simple. They can say whatever they want.

Quote:
If and when the libs get down to guns and ammo confiscation, who do you think would perform such duties? Most of the military and cops I know would refuse such orders and would side with the gun owners.
See the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies