Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2014, 04:55 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Exactly. I don't hate guns, I hate the idea of Maximum Guns. People who defend the gun rights of lunatics who are known to be violent, who run into schools and start blasting away, who stockpile weapons because of nutty conspiracies, who point at them at federal workers to "defend" some nut who won't pay his taxes, and insists that he doesn't recognize our government while flying American flags, who fire on black kids because they're listening to loud music, who fire at other gang members, or perceived Gang members like Hadiyah Pendleton, and who run around shooting at people because they're cops or relatives of cops...and for that matter, of wild, over aggressive cops.

Responsible gun owners, most of us are fine with. But groups like the NRA push for irresponsible, violent gun ownership, which is not. I'm fine with most people have them for protection (not that smart, but okay), or for hunting (around here, many of the hunters donate the meat to food shelters, which is great), but I also think it's perfectly reasonable to discuss gun safety as a health concern, and that is a single gun store is a major source of illegal firearms being used for murder, then that should be investigated.
We don't defend them, we defend our rights, and protect them from knee jerk reaction to these rare events..

Maybe if Gun Free Zone were not Gun Free Zones maybe you would not have a free fire zone for these freaks..

"Maximum Guns"....Are you kidding me? It is maximum freedom.

You view of "responsible gun owners" are just gun owners who are willing to give up their rights and smile for the privilege, we are not compromising our rights any more..

How is the NRA pushing irresponsible, violent gun ownership? They promote safety and responsible gun owner at every turn.

You telling me a thug culture amplified by a entitlement culture, poverty and illegal immigration and moral relativism does not play a part in violent crime in America?

Gun Stored are not a major source for illegal firearms, that is the black market, which will never be shut down..

You don't want to own a post May 19th 1986 Machine Gun, fine

You don't want to own a AR15 with a stranded magazine size, fine

You don't want to own a sound suppressor, fine

You don't want to own fill in the blank, fine

Dont buy or own it, dont force your warpped, emtionalistic views on me..

Old 05-14-2014, 11:48 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Jeff is correct.....lefts true agenda is to burn the constitution!!!

KUHNER: Why the left hates guns - Washington Times

Why do you think the Left hates guns? After all, the World's most commonly produced Assault Rifle the AK-47 was conceived and built in the Soviet Union. Do you really think the late Mikhail Kalashnikov was not a member in good standing in the Communnist Party of the Soviet Union? Comrade Lenin once said "Power flows out of the Barrel of a Gun". Leftists actually like guns just as long as they are pointed at the right targets. Kapeesh ?

Old 05-15-2014, 01:03 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Jeff is correct.....lefts true agenda is to burn the constitution!!!

KUHNER: Why the left hates guns - Washington Times
Well, the author of this article was spot on until he went off the rails and endorsed the "Judeo-Christian heritage" of America and made it about religion.

He also denounced "secular" leftists.

I'm an atheist who lives a secular life, I'm also a big proponent of the Second Amendment. I guess my support of gun rights isn't wanted because I don't kneel at the foot of my bed and worship an invisible deity.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:04 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
I'm a "lefty" and I don't hate guns. I just don't fondle them.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:05 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well, the author of this article was spot on until he went off the rails and endorsed the "Judeo-Christian heritage" of America and made it about religion.

He also denounced "secular" leftists.

I'm an atheist who lives a secular life, I'm also a big proponent of the Second Amendment. I guess my support of gun rights isn't wanted because I don't kneel at the foot of my bed and worship an invisible deity.

WTH is a secular leftist?

Never mind, it's just another lame-assed RW buzzword.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:33 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Why do you think the Left hates guns? After all, the World's most commonly produced Assault Rifle the AK-47 was conceived and built in the Soviet Union. Do you really think the late Mikhail Kalashnikov was not a member in good standing in the Communnist Party of the Soviet Union? Comrade Lenin once said "Power flows out of the Barrel of a Gun". Leftists actually like guns just as long as they are pointed at the right targets. Kapeesh ?
It was Mao who said "power speaks out the barrel of a gun". Not Lenin, though the philosophy is interchangeable. Truthfully, this rabid anti 2a stance is as generally associated with the left as religious fundamentalism is with the right. Neither are accurate and are far to general. Even folks in the middle are slammed into one side or the other, depending on party affiliation. Very divisive stuff.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:56 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Apparently they don't hate guns.

Biden said to get a shotgun and shoot it in the air to scare thieves.....Oops! be charged with assault if you follow Biden's advice. Not a peep from the media to admonish Biden. Good way to lock up citizens who actually believe what their VP says. tha'll get guns out of the hands of private citizens... maybe they do hate guns?????

Then we have the CA legislator who headed an anti gun campaign....
California Senate's Top Gun Control Advocate Arrested In Firearms Trafficking Plot

Old 05-15-2014, 04:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You are either joking or you have fallen for the big liberal revisionist lie.

George Washington, our first President, did not believe in Jesus Christ.
He believed in God, the creator, but not a myth of a fatherless baby.
He was a deist.
There were several Quakers and a few Tory's(Muslim)
Even a Black Founder signed the Declaration of Independence.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post

Gun Stored are not a major source for illegal firearms, that is the black market, which will never be shut down..

I have yet to have anyone present me with what an illegal firearm is.

According to our very own Constitution, there is no such thing as an illegal armament.
Now think about that!

Old 05-15-2014, 05:01 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I'm a "lefty" and I don't hate guns. I just don't fondle them.
Neither do I. I do clean them, by nessesity, handle them and of course, shoot them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies