Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 09:19 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/29/wo...fear.html?_r=1

When I read news stories of tunnels from Gaza to Israel, I pictured the Mexican drug tunnels. Then I saw these photos. If the Palestinians had exerted this much time, engineering, materials, and money on infrastructure and support for their people they'd be in much better shape. Instead, they took the charity of people around the world to use for the purpose of committing terrorist attacks, kidnapping, and murder. Palestinians don't want peace unless it comes with the death of all Israeli Jews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 09:37 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post

When I read news stories of tunnels from Gaza to Israel, I pictured the Mexican drug tunnels. Then I saw these photos. If the Palestinians had exerted this much time, engineering, materials, and money on infrastructure and support for their people they'd be in much better shape. Instead, they took the charity of people around the world to use for the purpose of committing terrorist attacks, kidnapping, and murder. Palestinians don't want peace unless it comes with the death of all Israeli Jews.
Precisely.

What some idiots don't get.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:56 AM

1,743 posts, read 960,508 times
Although I am broadly pro-Israel, I have also been against a lot of Israeli government policy and have felt sympathy for the Palestinians. However, I have a lot less sympathy for them now than I did prior to the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza. When Israel withdrew from Gaza, to the point of destroying their own settlements there, the Palestinians had a golden opportunity to show the world that they could build their own country. They failed miserably. Here Israel did exactly what the Arabs have been demanding: withdraw from Palestinian land. But instead of trying to live peacefully with Israel, the Palestinians then used Gaza to repeatedly attack Israel. They didn't use their foreign aid to build themselves up; they used it to constantly stir up trouble. If Israel withdrew completely from the West Bank, why would anyone think the Palestinians would act any differently?

Old 08-01-2014, 06:16 AM

43,682 posts, read 44,435,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post

According to this article: Stories From The Battlefield: Hamas Tunnels Used To Target Israel's Kindergartens | The Daily Caller this sophistication and know-how is being copied right now by Mexico-based Hezbollah agents along the Southern US border.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:40 AM

43,682 posts, read 44,435,568 times
Actually there are Palestinians in Gaza who recognize that Hamas is doing the wrong thing and that they need to live in peace with their Israeli neighbors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgdbMX-NoTI

Old 08-05-2014, 11:42 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,202,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
According to this article: Stories From The Battlefield: Hamas Tunnels Used To Target Israel's Kindergartens | The Daily Caller this sophistication and know-how is being copied right now by Mexico-based Hezbollah agents along the Southern US border.
I'm not surprised. We ought to take the 30,000 plus soldiers we have in South Korea and put them on the border instead!

Old 08-05-2014, 12:42 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,057,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
No worries, Harry Reid tells us everything is under control at the border and it's secure.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:59 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,202,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
No worries, Harry Reid tells us everything is under control at the border and it's secure.
Yep, I own a nice ski lodge in Florida too.lol

Old 08-05-2014, 01:14 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,839,752 times
Years of planning and countless millions of dollars spent on the tunnels, money which could have built everything from universities, farms, industry, and seaside tourist resorts. But no, the tunnels were Hamas's trump card, which has now gone down in flames. Do the Palestinians understand the magnitude of this tragedy yet? Do they care?

Old 08-05-2014, 01:55 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,057,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Years of planning and countless millions of dollars spent on the tunnels, money which could have built everything from universities, farms, industry, and seaside tourist resorts. But no, the tunnels were Hamas's trump card, which has now gone down in flames. Do the Palestinians understand the magnitude of this tragedy yet? Do they care?
They elected them.

Maybe they'll learn. Or maybe they won't, and will continue regressing back to previous centuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies