Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 08:10 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times

Advertisements

The way the liberal mind thinks never fails to amaze me. After all, it's for the children.

Press Release from Senator Beth Bye
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 08:47 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Sen. Bye and Rep. Godfrey‘s proposals, which will be packaged as one bill, will seek to:

Prohibit the sale and possession of any rifle, shotgun or pistol magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds;

Expand the definition of an ‘assault weapon’ under current Connecticut state law to apply to firearms which exhibit just one particular physical trait, as opposed to two (i.e., the presence of a pistol grip beneath the action of the weapon);

Require the registration with state law enforcement officials, and the biennial registration renewal, of all firearms by model and serial number;

Institute a 50-percent sales tax on the sale of ammunition and firearms magazines;

Require a permit to purchase ammunition;

Prohibit the online purchase of ammunition;

Prohibit the purchase of ammunition in Connecticut by anyone who is not legally authorized to possess a firearm in Connecticut;

Prohibit the storage of firearms and ammunition in a manner that allows access by persons under age 18.

-----------------------------

I wonder how many pistols have a "pistol grip" under the action of the weapon?

I chalk this nonsense up to free speech. It won't pass constitutional muster.

In other news, look for my new drive-thru ammo stores opening soon in Rhode Island and New York.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:52 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
No matter what the problem more taxes and revenue for the gvt will fix it, I wish life was that simple.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:53 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The way the liberal mind thinks never fails to amaze me. After all, it's for the children.

Press Release from Senator Beth Bye
when they do not understand something they scream to tax it. So pathetic

Old 12-27-2012, 05:49 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
when they do not understand something they scream to tax it. So pathetic
If you never met a tax you didn't like you might be a libbie.......

Old 12-27-2012, 08:25 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
This is legislation that only an uneducated, liberal nitwit would put forth.

There's one thing certain about this bill, though: IT WILL GO NOWHERE!

LOL

Hell, I don't think even the most strident liberal on this forum would even go on the record supporting this legislation lest they be held accountable for such a disastrous and unsupportable viewpoint.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
It's stupid proposals like this that send people running to stock up.

And you wonder why there are runs on gun and ammo purchases ?
They are all playing on FEAR.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:01 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
A 50% ammo tax would be great for the indian reservations which aren't required to charge federal taxes. They'll setup ammo shops right next to the smoke shops, charge far less than off the res and rake in the money and people won't end up paying any more for their ammunition.

Do the idiot liberals really think that these crazy killers care about how much their ammunition costs?? Clearly liberalism is a mental disorder.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:02 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This is legislation that only an uneducated, liberal nitwit would put forth.

There's one thing certain about this bill, though: IT WILL GO NOWHERE!

LOL

Hell, I don't think even the most strident liberal on this forum would even go on the record supporting this legislation lest they be held accountable for such a disastrous and unsupportable viewpoint.
I disagree, I'm sure there are plenty of liberals here who think even this bill doesn't go far enough.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:15 AM

13,609 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Hey anti gunners, banning internet sales means many people couldn't get rare ammo for their antique firearms, the kind that are so obsolete that they would never fall into the catagory of a modern criminals choice.

I thought you supported the rights of law abiding gun owners?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies