Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 11:31 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times

Advertisements

I know a lot of people who own guns and not one of them owns a pink one. Pink guns are not the norm, unless you are A Victor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 06:59 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I know a lot of people who own guns and not one of them owns a pink one. Pink guns are not the norm, unless you are A Victor.
I have several gay and female friends who shoot and they love their Pink Guns.

Just in case you'd like to meet a gun toten lady:

DIVA Women Outdoors Worldwide Home Page

Old 12-27-2012, 07:12 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That just isn't true.. I will try to explain this one more time using YOU. maybe you will get it this way.

You decide you want a gun to hunt deer with, and you study what makes up a good deer hunting gun for your area. I have no idea where you are so in this case your area is thickly wooded, and so you decide to by a used winchester lever action 30-30, which is a great woods carbine for deer.

Then you get training at hunter safety since these days you just don't get to buy a hunting lic with out either hunter safety or a old hunting lic.

Then you go to the gun store and pick out the gun and look it over carefully, and come to a fair price.

Next the dealer will take your money and give you a 4473 form to fill out. You do your part and sign it. You paid by cash, check or credit card and your words are sealed by LAW.... At that point if you lied on the 4473 form you are guilty of a federal offence.

Then the dealer fills out the rest of the 4473 which stated the gun brand, model of the gun, and it's serial number.

The dealer places the gun someplace safe where neither you or another customer can touch it since it almost belongs to you.

The dealer calls NICS.... NICS does their magic. You better hope for a pass, delay, because if you get a deny your going to have a vist from somebody with a blue coat and a bunch of letters on it and he will have some shiny bracelets you won't like to wear.

pass and you get the gun right now, it's yours..... Delay and in 9 days if NICS doesn't report you still get the gun but that delay just ruined your hunt.

In your case since you are one clean dubie you got the gun and took it to the range to sight it in.... Then you bought your hunting lic, and got your deer...

You decided to buy a better deer gun that was also fitting for bear and so made a legal face to face sale to fund the new bear gun...

In this case you made sure the buyer was legal to sell to in your state and you gave him a copy of your bill of sale so you KNOW where your gun went.
That gun is still traceable to you FOREVER, so you would want to know who you sold it to.

Then lets say the buyer sold it to a bad guy.... or the buyer had the gun stolen and it was used in a crime...
In that case you better have that bill of sale because the ex guy is going to get the same visit you got.

If you don't understand this, there is no hope you ever will.
Once again you are describing formal sales through licensed dealers, not private sales.

Look at the attached videos, we are talking private sales, not licensed dealers you tell me where the oversight is, can't pass abackground check - no problem, cash transfer no questions asked, no forms filled out, same day sale in minutes and out the door.

Gunshow Undercover - Arizona

Old 12-27-2012, 07:21 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
You've never heard of the FBI or BATF before then.

BATF sole purpose in life is to catch people in firearm violations.

They also regulate the sale, manufacter and distribution of them.

This is FEDERAL......

Your local patrolman who caught you going 45 in a 30 last week is small fries here.

He's nobody........BATF rules the roost.
So you have any idea how many gun shows and private sales, do you really expect an agent to monitor each private sale. Look at the VA Tech shooter by the way, good federal laws but weak state laws allowed a person with a mental history to purchase 2 semi automatic handguns.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:05 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You don't need a license to buy a gun in a private sale.
Nope, you don't but any respectable gun owner just won't "sell" his gun to anyone.....

Remember I said respectable.......I will never buy/sell/trade a gun with a person who does not have a CCW.....if they have a CCW, they have had a back ground check....

Old 12-27-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That would be last time I checked on the requirements for someone getting an HME for their Commercial Driver's License, to stay with the 18-wheeler example.
So, you move the goal post just a little more....lets just stick with straight 18 wheeler access....anyone can drive an 18 wheeler without a back ground check....

Initally, they must have an 18 wheeler license....then they can progress to HME, explosives, and such....which may need a back ground check......

But to drive apples across the United States.....does not require a back ground check....

Old 12-27-2012, 08:28 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,364 times
You see a lovely photo of typical legitimate gun rights advocates, family members, good solid people, of which my husband and myself could easily be comfortable. I've never used a gun but my husband has several hunting weapons. Yet at the same time, what you don't see is the bluescreen, behind the people, which protects and shields an NRA Association, pretending to be a lobbyng group for the people photographed here. That simply isn't even close to the truth. These people are a shield, a foil. The NRA is a lobbying group that is entirely beholding to the arms manufacturers and weapons dealers/traders whose only business is selling arms and making profits. They will scream about the 2nd amendment as loudly as it takes to scare these poor people and they churn out assult weapons and other weapons of mass destruction and war that are intended to be used my military and law professionals only....and sell them to every yo-ho they can manipulate with fear. Of which they manage to become billionaires on the honesty and integrity of people shown in the photos by riling them up to believe someone wants to keep guns away from "them". Thats baloney on a stick!!!! These arms dealers are keeping wars alive and starting new ones ot only here but around the world. By arming the entire United States with weapons of mass destruction and hiding behind the law abiding gun rights citizen is shameless and wrong. They should be falling over themselves to keep the wrong people from getting these weapons, they should be leading the charge in keeping large magazines from being available, they should take their personal responsibility in preventing the hideous amount of gun violence that has rained on this country for 2 decades. Are they the only problem. NO. But they have a big slice of the pie!

Old 12-27-2012, 08:31 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
A perfect example of the lack of intelligent reasoning we see everyday from the left. Mind numbing isn't it?
Not as much as this stuff is.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Not as much as this stuff is.
Well, since crossfires is true, your's is photoshop....I'll agree with crossfire....

Do you have anything to add to the OP?

Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post

The reason the media doesn't show these AR-15 owners is it doesn't help with their agenda. They aren't interested in the truth or facts, they just want their way no matter what.

This. Which is why I post threads like this, to dispell their myths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies