Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 PM

957 posts, read 758,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
BTW...THE suppressor is YET another extra form +$200 tax stamp.

Also known as a "can".

Suppressor $$$ + sales tax +another $200.
Hey, guess what; I'm not impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 10:43 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,022,286 times
So, you do realize that journalists ask questions for their audiences benefit, right? I mean, it would be pretty pointless for the Scheiffer to not ask the question about the rounds per second issue as that is on a lot of people's minds.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
So, you do realize that journalists ask questions for their audiences benefit, right? I mean, it would be pretty pointless for the Scheiffer to not ask the question about the rounds per second issue as that is on a lot of people's minds.
Sounds logical.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
We have this little weapon called the internet this time. Back in '94 people believed their lies. Lie all you want...the TRUTH is out there this time.

I also say that if you don't have the brains to tell semi from full auto... and what the EXTRA steps are in owning a Class III NFA weapon....you aren't smart enough to vote or say anything on film.

Matter of fact...the muzzle is pointed AWAY from the shooter. Don't look down the barrel with a round chambered and your finger on the trigger. We have to spell it out for these folks. They fall VERY short on common sense and mechanical aptitude.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:06 PM

I'm also hoping and praying "what's his face" gets busted and charged with that high cap mag on that News program.

We can only hope....

Old 12-27-2012, 11:10 PM

Ah...here we are.......

David Gregory Violates DC Gun Law On National TV —– Update: CNN’s Don Lemon Admits To Breaking Gun Laws, Too? « The Patriot Perspective

Eat more fish...you need more brains.....

Old 12-27-2012, 11:15 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Could you see the coke/meth heads using this gun nut "everyone is ignorant" defense?

"you never tried meth? then you don't know what you are talking about"
Excellent analogy - that's exactly what it is like. It is as though they're in a fraternal competition to out-do each other in embarrassing themselves by illustrating the limitless limitation of their thought process.

Their paranoia runs so deep that they cannot face life without an arsenal of killing machines....yet in their alternate reality world it is the rest of us who suffer from "cowardice".

The gun nut mindset is a sickness much like religious fanaticism, similarly programmed from birth in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
We have this little weapon called the internet this time. Back in '94 people believed their lies. Lie all you want...the TRUTH is out there this time.

I also say that if you don't have the brains to tell semi from full auto... and what the EXTRA steps are in owning a Class III NFA weapon....you aren't smart enough to vote or say anything on film.

Matter of fact...the muzzle is pointed AWAY from the shooter. Don't look down the barrel with a round chambered and your finger on the trigger. We have to spell it out for these folks. They fall VERY short on common sense and mechanical aptitude.
It is the job of journalists to ask questions & not everyone goes to the internet to look up something that really doesn't interest them. I don't care if it was a semi automatic or an automatic. I do know that the guy who stole the weapon from his mother killed 20 children & 6 adults in 10 minutes. I know he would have killed a lot more had LE not showed up. I'm sure you would have liked to have seen more killed.

Most of us are not as obsessed with guns as you are. We have lives & prefer to live in a civilized society. There's nothing wrong with target shooting & hunting & you don't need a semi automatic weapon with 30 rnd mags to do either.

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
LOL..and gun nuts wonder why they have the stereotype of being mouthbreathing morons. You're calling an accomplished journalist clueless because he doesn't share your fetish..Just shows what's important to you, drooling over your prized guns..
I heard all of that Schieffer performance and all I could see was a man who either knew nothing about guns or was trying very hard to convince as man people as possible that those rifles made by Bushmaster are extra dangerous. I wonder what he would say about something so dangerous looking as a good old M1 Garand rifle. I bet that neither you or he knows the difference between the .223 caliber Bushmaster and the .30 caliber M1. If you do how about explaining it to me.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I neither know nor care to know the intricacies of weapons.
They're created to kill.
They can kill many people without reloading (in many instances).

That's all I need to know.

Can you tell me the steps in Thai massage or the intricacies of stained glass techniques or acupuncture or brain surgery?

If not, by your logic, you're nothing but a stupid cur.
A stupid cur? I don't think people like you that think the only purpose for owning a gun is to kill are much better than that. The one I recently bought was bought to shoot at targets and in case some fool sneaks into my house at night to give him a reason to wish he hadn't. I am not sure I could shoot a human being but we will find out if someone breaks in or threatens me or my wife.

Stupid cur? Now isn't that something? I don't know much about any kind of massage and sure never have wanted to know about stained glass other than to look at it. Are you an expert about those things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies