Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My dirty laundry? Huh? Is my name RG3? He wasnt talking about me. At least not from what I can tell.

And I never said i was tough, I'm just not as soft as you are.
...says the guy who talks big while safely hiding behind a screen.

Stop with the juvenile "you're soft/ I'm hard" talk (it is a reflection of certain racial stereotypes and quite sad. Stop proving them right).

If you have no concerns about what he said then why are you even participating in this thread? As you say, this has nothing to do with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 01:33 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
...says the guy who talks big while safely hiding behind a screen.

Stop with the juvenile "you're soft/ I'm hard" talk (it is a reflection of certain racial stereotypes and quite sad. Stop proving them right).

If you have no concerns about what he said then why are you even participating in this thread? As you say, this has nothing to do with you.
I seriously doubt you repeat your threads in public, perhaps around your close circle of friends, but never in a crowded store or restaurant.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:54 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
I think Rob Parker is a puke and racist-yep I said it....why is RGIII pushing people away? Because he has a white fiancee, is educated, and conducts himself like a real man? Yes, the horror.....

It's disgusting when someone puts another person down for not being "down" with his/her race because he is succeeding in life (which is sterotypical)...I'm glad Rob Parker was fired and I hope that RGIII makes a speedy recovery.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I seriously doubt you repeat your threads in public, perhaps around your close circle of friends, but never in a crowded store or restaurant.
"repeat your threads"...

Uhh, what does that even mean?

Old 01-09-2013, 05:41 PM

I think if RGIII were personally confronted by a white man who had strong views about the black community RGIII wouldn't turn violent in reaction to the harsh criticism because he doesn't subscribe to that sad "violence first" aspect of black culture that can also be seen in somewhat lesser quanitities in white culture too. RGIII had a father in his life growing up.

That is why he is universally admired...he is a thinker first and a reactionary second.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:34 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Which is why I despise organized sports. Players, fans, hell whole cities are just commodities to be tossed at the alter of short term profit.

Which I addressed in my previous post, players are conditioned from the earliest age that it is the manly thing to do, play through the pain even though they seem to be oblivious to the fact that pain is your bodies way of telling you that if you keep doing what you are doing some serious crap is about to happen. I'm absolutely sure that Ollie Matson, Dave Duerson, Javon Belcher, and 30 other former players who were posthumously diagnosed as suffering from chronic traumatic encephalopathy BEGGED to be put back in the game.

Frankly I don't know who is worse, the NFL or Michael Vick the dog fighter because that begging to get back into the game seems to be one common denominator between football players, pitbulls and their owners.

Oh, puleeze then the excuse was that they were in the hunt for a play off birth or some other rationalization.
Wow I agree with everything here. Shocker

The only reason I can think of to let him play would be if this was his final season. Hopefully it isn't.

Ollie was the man! He had a beautiful stride when he was in the open.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:25 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
He was fired. Unfortunately, ESPN wouldnt do so until he kept running his mouth about it. I gave up on ESPN on long while ago. Another reason to tune out, I believe they gave a contract to Ray Lewis, who was celebrated last week for the final home game of his career. However, as he is looked at as a hero and big tough guy, he was involved in a murder 13 years ago, and has never really had to explain what happened. He is a coward who doesnt take responsibility for his lies and those he chose to hang around with. He shouldnt get a contract with ESPN or any network, and surely shouldnt be looked at as some great man.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:43 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
He was fired. Unfortunately, ESPN wouldnt do so until he kept running his mouth about it. I gave up on ESPN on long while ago. Another reason to tune out, I believe they gave a contract to Ray Lewis, who was celebrated last week for the final home game of his career. However, as he is looked at as a hero and big tough guy, he was involved in a murder 13 years ago, and has never really had to explain what happened. He is a coward who doesnt take responsibility for his lies and those he chose to hang around with. He shouldnt get a contract with ESPN or any network, and surely shouldnt be looked at as some great man.
He wasn't proved guilty so what's your issue with ray Lewis?

He's innocent he had nothing to do with that so why should he speak on it?

Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
He wasn't proved guilty so what's your issue with ray Lewis?

He's innocent he had nothing to do with that so why should he speak on it?
He lied and lied and lied. He also had a plea bargain, details still unknown. He paid off families, detains still under lock and key. He had a white suit on that night, mysteriously, suit was never found. I guess he accidentally lost it .....

He was there and men involved got into his limo, he knew them. Dont tell me he didnt know more of what happened. He did. And its a fact he lied to the police and others more than once.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
Being paid a salary to do a JOB is not the same as sitting on your butt and collecting a welfare check even if both are funded by taxpayer money.
I argument, but the argument would go alot better if i did not see conservatives spend the better half of the last 10 years attacking Public workers.

You guys can liken a teacher or IRS worker who spend hours doing a job to a welfare worker, but you cant do it to a solider who could be stationed in Germany, Korea, or Japan ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies