Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 01:02 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Wow. Where do you even get such nonsense -- none of which is tethered to facts or reality?
All those things take a back seat to partisan, Democratic Party political politics, that is the reality. Liberals are bankrupt when it comes to morals, ethics and principles, it's always about politics, nothing else matter to libs, nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 01:05 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Liberals always want to cut the military, no matter what our spending and revenue levels are at.
Its at least $300 billion/year too much.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:11 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Wow. Where do you even get such nonsense -- none of which is tethered to facts or reality?
It is called 185 years of Democrat history, filled with nothing but hate and spite for everything America stands for. Get an education and get informed.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:15 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It is called 185 years of Democrat history, filled with nothing but hate and spite for everything America stands for. Get an education and get informed.
I think you've been "educated" a bit too much.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:15 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Liberals always want to cut the military, no matter what our spending and revenue levels are at.
What do you expect from an organization that is based upon hatred of the US? It is not like liberal freaks want to defend the nation or anything crazy like that. Since the military swears its allegiance to the US Constitution, which Democrats abhor, and does not swear its allegiance to individuals like in other nations, the Democrats know they cannot grossly infringe upon the US Constitution too much without the military stepping in and putting these Democrat fascists in their place.

Hence, Democrats want the military abolished and the people unarmed. It is the ONLY way they can impose their anti-American fascist plans on the American people.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:19 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Shut down the armed forces? I don't think so. Who said anything about doing that. Have you heard about the F35 fighter program. Check it out. Think it is worth continuing? Billons saved right there. National Security will not be compromised.

H
Please see Kaaboom's post #138 in this thread. He said:

Quote:
I'm a liberal and I think we have a big time spending problem in this country. If it was up to me, I'd slash $600 billion dollars from the budget, by totally shutting down the Pentagon, and deactivating all branches of the United States Armed Forces, except for the Coast Guard, and the National Guard. Which is what I believe the founding fathers would have had in mind for our defense anyway, and which would still leave us with one of the largest militaries in the world.

Then I'd slash another $100 billion, by cutting out all corporate welfare subsidies. I defy any of you "so-called" conservatives to come up with a better and realistic plan for cutting $700 billion dollars from the budget. If any of you except the challenge, here is a hint for you. Anything that would cause massive famine in this country, is probably not a realistic plan.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:20 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
You're creating a false argument. Few liberals would disagree that there's a spending problem; it's just not the main problem, and deep cuts in spending are counter-productive - they would actually increase the deficit.
Ok I can't stand it so I'm going to ask. How would cutting spending not cut the deficit and what really is the problem?

Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Illegal immigrants aren't taking jobs from Americans. These are jobs that Americans won't perform for those wages. In the meantime, those illegal immigrants are contributing to the economy.
You're full of it! Of course Americans won't do a job for less than a "fair" wage so you are on the side of the greedy employers who hire illegal immigrants for slave labor wages to increase their profits and thereby discriminate against American workers? Really? If Americans were employed on those jobs they in turn would be contributing to our economy also and more then likely have healthcare insurance rather than the employers passing the social costs of illegal immigants onto we the taxpayer. Illegal immigrants don't pay in enough taxes to cover their social costs. What part of they are here in violation of our immigration laws don't you get or care about?

Old 01-02-2013, 02:44 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
All those things take a back seat to partisan, Democratic Party political politics, that is the reality. Liberals are bankrupt when it comes to morals, ethics and principles, it's always about politics, nothing else matter to libs, nothing.

I just wish liberals and conservatives would cancel each other out. Unfortunately they add up to two wrongs.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:48 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Any moron can name call. Please show examples of how liberals have no ethics or principles. It sure seems to me that the people who won't pay taxes to help those in need are the morally bankrupt ones. Liberals believe in the public good and believe in cooperative actions for the common good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies