Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 04:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Constitution does not authorize you to kill people who disagree with your views.

It's people like you, and people who talk like you why some are calling for gun control in the first place.

How is the constitution going to stop me? Remember, it is not the chains on me.
It is the chains place on the government and the consequences for by-passing the Constitution and our individual rights to liberty.

The fact a law that by-passes the constitution, is grounds for the use of the 2nd amendment to correct it.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM

349 posts, read 260,644 times
There is not, nor will there ever be, a law which will prevent mass murder by firearms.

Law-makers are hell-bent on creating laws which will prevent law-abiding citizens from purchasing weaponry to defend itself from a tyrannical government.

And, the current government is becoming ever more tyrannical.

Where is the law requiring forks to be reduced from four tines to one tine? There! That will certainly put an end to obesity in America, Ms. Michelle. Won't it?

Old 01-01-2013, 04:35 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Because - and don't be shocked now - those of us with CCWs usually own guns and are on record with law enforcement that issued the permits so we're easiest to find. The "takers" could bat 1000 with us and look real good.
When you got your CCW did you need to tell what you were carrying? I didn't and am not restricted to any one gun. I could surrender an old throwaway I keep and just say its my carry piece.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:38 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I dont accept your idea of vehicle death with gun deaths. See vehicle death is an accident. A shooting death unless to oneself is not an accident.
A shooting death can be anything.. It might be an accident, it might be a suicide, it might be a wacko illegal shooter, it might be a cop on active duty, or a cop off active duty, it might be a civilian defending his family, or it might be a gang banger shooting someone in a drug deal, or for nothing at all.

All these stats are dumped into one pot like a raffle.......
The cop who issued my first permit in Mass blew out his own brains with his side arm... How is this my fault? He was a High and N Mighty 'trained' Chief of Police......

I had years more experience with guns than he did by the time i was 23 years old.... I have been a target shooter / hunter since i was 6... And before that Dad trained me.

You, nor the Govt will ever take any of my guns.... Anyone who tries will be arrested and charged with treason. I will press all the charges I can.

Perhaps you should study the law..... After the Declaration of Independence the Cons should apply. next perhaps the 25,000 pages of Mass gun law which will prove there is so much paper tiger law that no one understands what it all is...

Like i said if you don't like it it's just too bad.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:38 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Do you really think the government is going to take your guns in your lifetime?
No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What makes you think people would have to be "found". If the authorities tell people that possession of unregistered firearms is against the law, you'll see that 90% of the owners will register them voluntarily. Most people would NOT choose to hide their guns illegally. When I purchase guns, they take the serial number and my personal info, and store it in a database, so the info about my guns are already "registered" (stored) in some database, and it does not bother me. They also took my fingerprints when I got my carry licence, and it did not bother me, or make me feel like a criminal.
Nor me. So what's your point? I simply answered another poster's question. Don't try to make something out of nothing.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is the chains place on the government and the consequences for by-passing the Constitution and our individual rights to liberty.

The fact a law that by-passes the constitution, is grounds for the use of the 2nd amendment to correct it.
Murder is against the law in every state of the nation.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
The Sandy Hook Shooter stole the guns from his mother. She bought them legally so the law worked just fine. How about worrying about the mental health of people?
In fact I had tried to create a post on 'We the People' would have to deal with the ugly fact of insanity, which is exactly what the problem is.

A mod shut down the thread to 'work' on it, and later it was reopened, but was no longer current. Some threads don't get a very long life because the topic isn't exciting..

Guns are emotional here on CD, insanity is pretty standard.

I am going to rep you for saying so...

Old 01-01-2013, 04:43 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

What part of the constitution has the government bypassed,

So in your opinion any disagreement with your elected officials gives you the right to take independent physical action with your gun.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:46 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,617,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
If you are shooting an "assault weapon," they have the right to inspect that weapon to make sure it is, in fact, registered. If they run the serial number and it comes back "record not on file."
4th Amendment doesn't apply in California? Guess that comes as no surprise.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:50 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
When you got your CCW did you need to tell what you were carrying? I didn't and am not restricted to any one gun. I could surrender an old throwaway I keep and just say its my carry piece.
Nope! Can be any one of several and they don't know what I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies