Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:46 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I see nothing in the 5th that fits Feinstein's proposals.
I think he meant the 4th........ I meant the 4th....

Old 12-30-2012, 04:50 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
One of the paranoid gun-haters' wet dreams is to be able to treat any and all law-abiding gun owners, as criminals.

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
  • Background check of owner and any transferee;
  • Type and serial number of the firearm;
  • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
  • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
  • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
You might notice, that this is how criminals are routinely treated.

As leftists habitually do, this gets them one step closer to being able to telling people, "Look how these people are treated: They must do many of the same things actualy criminals do. That means that gun owners actually ARE pretty close to being criminals."

The leftist fanatics already have most people believing that rich people are almost criminals, and deserve most of what they own to be taken away from them.

Gun owners, you're next.

"Gun control isn't about guns. It's about control."

Old 12-30-2012, 04:53 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Not surprising since it is Cal. When will you demand her arrest?

There is no regii in NH, and if there were i would commit civil disobedience.

Historically speaking all gun registry has lead to confiscation.

I also don't shoot at any range. I either shoot right here where i live or i go to the National Forest.

Carry permits should also be done away with, as they serve no purpose really.

My first was issued in Mass, and about 3 months later the very Chief of Police that issued that, blew his own brains out with his side arm.

All these paper tiger laws amount to nothing more than harassment of the law abiding. Or death when they are deprived of weapons of which they are able to defend themselves like my now deceased father in law and his 2nd wife.

You can go on and be delusional thinking the cops will get there in time to save you, but they almost never do. They are NOT your personal body guards, and they can not protect you any better than you can protect yourself.

Suit yourself. I have been let down twice, I won't tolerate it any 3rd time.

I was in Cal armed with a gun I brought there. I brought it back too. Cal can go to Hell. Had I been attacked, threatened or robbed in Cal I would have used that gun.

I have a NH carry permit and so far as i am concerned it is good in all states and US territory.

After the murders I simply don't care anymore. I don't care about poly tics like your fiend stein or badge pushers which are the same as crooks, all for greed and power.

The way I see it you either abide the CONS or you are a Traitor, and your senators are traitors in Cal.

Being that i am from NH I am, perplexed as to how to demand their arrest.
Of course, what I am about to say will **** off the world, moreover this poster. However, I shall say it:

No you won't.

When an armed bunch of Federal Agents come do your door and want your guns, you are typical loud mouthed, I won't give in to the cops demands, which will give in to them. You are on an anonymous internet board. You aren't some tough guy in real life. In real life, you are probably the typical coward out there.

As I said, I am police officer. I've been for 24 yrs. I've seen HUNDREDS of people like you, who say they won't be taken by the police. The moment the police arrive, the cave like the cowards they are.

Now, saying this, will there be a few which will stand up? Yes. There will. However, that few, will be few and far between. Well less then 1%. You can believe this poster all you want. Fact is, when an FBI Agent sticks his badge in his face, he will fall on the deck, crying like a 2 yr old, and allow them into his home and confiscate his weapons. MOST will and that is FACT.

Of course, he and all you tough guys will deny it. As I've said, I've seen it all before.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Before you jump down my throat, I am NOT a believer in banning assault weapons or any other weapons for that matter. I do not agree with this "ex post facto" registration of firearms.

Now, having said this, there is a way to enforce the law. Here in California, the State Department of Justice routinely goes to shooting ranges all over the state. If you are shooting an "assault weapon," they have the right to inspect that weapon to make sure it is, in fact, registered. If they run the serial number and it comes back "record not on file." They can arrest you for a felony and confiscate the weapon.

Its a long process from there, even if you really did register your firearm, to get it back, etc. So yes, there are ways to enforce such a law.
In California that may be true but this Feinstein attempt will be a federal law and one that states may enforce but don't have to. Keep trying, but California is a bit more left leaning than most of the other states.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Until some anti-gun zealots publish your name and address...
They wouldn't do a thing like that, would they? Well, yeah, I guess they already did in New York state which is about as far left as California.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Where does it say we can't fingerprint all voters....?
Where does it say we can do that?

Old 12-30-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I see nothing in the 5th that fits Feinstein's proposals.
Then, you do agree about the 2nd Amendment? If not it seems you would have included it in your statement.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
OK, but I still don't see why such registeration should bother law abiding citizens. It would not bother me. That's all I'm saying.
So you are trying to tell us that the proposed bill is alright although it calls for registration of prior owned guns. I can't see what you are saying to be the real case.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
this will certainly apply to most guns not m16 and ak47.
any weapons that can be fit with an oversize clip will be defined as "an assault weapon"
the beginning of the great gun grab.
Surely the beginning of the great gun grab. So many here can't see that when you give them an inch they will take another inch and so on. Them, in this one, is any Congressman or woman.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
It doesn't work that way. If people are claiming that a person is violating a legal document, then they need to show where the violation resides. Any small child can tell you why.

There is nothing in there that she is violating, even you say that. I have been fingerprinted for jobs, and it is not "infringing" on my right to work. You seriously want to arrest, convict, and execute some one for proposing a law that you don't like?

You are a monster, and I don't say that lightly. Your argument and position has zero merit, or even sanity, and you should take a long look into your soul for even saying this. From you saying this:

You already sound like the violent type of person these guns should be taken away from because they will not use them responsibly, and use them to harm innocent law abiding people. You are only angry because these laws will take guns away from criminals, like you freely admit to being.
I have never been arrested or tried for a crime but this law will result in my guns being taken away. Do you not see that criminals are the minority in this country so taking their guns will result in taking away the guns of non-criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies