Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 02:47 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Guns per 100 residents:

Afghanistan 4.6
USA 88.8

We should be more like Afghanistan, seems like they have a lot less guns floating around.
Or maybe they should be like the USA where we don't have the Taliban ruling the people with virtually no rights, no women's rights and a pitiful infrastructure. Maybe if the citizens were better armed they could resist the Taliban.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Are phone books unethical and dangerous? They list every resident by name and address.
No, they do not. You can CHOOSE to have an unlisted number.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No and urbanlife knows that. People who support papers like the Journal News will not give an inch on the issue. I do not own guns and I support stringent gun laws BUT I am not so blind or partisan to ignore the ramifications of publishing people's names and addresses of a certain group. It is completely unethical, dangerous and intimidating.
Correct, and that's the entire point. And that's why they might get sued since their objective is obviously to encourage harassment of the listed people.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Somebody get me their address.. When they start posting national gun owners, I want to make sure they get me on their list... That way I won't be broken into, but my neighbors will catch it all...
Sauce for the goose or, home address and phone number of Journal-News publisher | For What It’s Worth

There ya go man it IS the one who made this happen

Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
It lists my address, which at my address you will find my personal property.
Well comon out with it what's your name and address? I got friends in NJ and could come to your place and rip you off if i just knew your name and address..

I know you don't have a real gun being in NJ.... Oh sure hidden up stairs maybe you have a old dusty shot gun.. Just tell me and after you have been ript I will tell what junk you had that got me 50 bucks...

WELL?

Old 01-03-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Or maybe they should be like the USA where we don't have the Taliban ruling the people with virtually no rights, no women's rights and a pitiful infrastructure. Maybe if the citizens were better armed they could resist the Taliban.
That could work for me

Old 01-03-2013, 04:11 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Maybe they should sue anyway, as this is being done to harass innocent people. The intent is clear and this could be causing the victims of the harassment significant emotional distress, including family who live at the published addresses but are not the registered owners.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:22 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Actually I will bet you your information is on the internet. Ever buy anything online or pay a bill online? Ever had a registered phone line or an internet connection. If so, then your information is already online.
What in Sam Hill does that have to do with anything? That is not the point here.

Your post here is responding to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No and urbanlife knows that. People who support papers like the Journal News will not give an inch on the issue. I do not own guns and I support stringent gun laws BUT I am not so blind or partisan to ignore the ramifications of publishing people's names and addresses of a certain group. It is completely unethical, dangerous and intimidating.

What does having my information on the internet have to do with what I wrote there?^^^

Old 01-03-2013, 06:24 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
would it of been equally dangerous had the posted the names and addresses of everyone who owns a fishing license or a drivers license?
No, fishing and driving are not divisive, controversial issues like gun ownership is.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:42 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No, they do not. You can CHOOSE to have an unlisted number.
It can still be found, in the world of the internet, nothing is secret, not even your identity and address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies