Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 09:37 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
See? You get it after all.

I had a blast last night. Happy New Year to you too!!!
No diffrence between today and yesterday except we are taxed more .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 09:38 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Seems to be an excuse to go get drunk act the fool.Run around wishing everyone happy new years , only to wake up hung over realizing you made a fool of yourself sick and the only reality is a new tax year has started so the government can take more of your money.So i went to bed early woke up early physically feel good. Happy new tax season last i looked we all will work for the government until June to pay are taxes. Unless of course you depend on the government to live .Then happy new time to depend on the government time instead of yourself. There is nothing to celebarate i so happy new year no thanks.Enjoy having the government take your money to give it to people who do not work
In other words it's an excuse to have fun? Especially if things are bleak; if only for a day, it's a reason to forget everything and celebrate making it through another year.

Today is going to be a great day of good food and a whole lot of football. We have the Parade of Roses, and then the grandaddy of all bowl games, the Rose Bowl, this afternoon.

Happy New Year everyone!

Old 01-01-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
Let me guess, your New Years resolution is to increase your cynicism? Look on the bright side...you live in the greatest nation in the World...and you are not stuck watching bad guys in some mud pit in Afghanistan.

Happy Holidays and may your New Year be filled with happiness!
Upu mistake realism for cynicism

Old 01-01-2013, 09:39 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times
I don't need an excuse to see friends, eat meatballs, drink homemade beer and play ping-pong.

New Years Eve gives me a good reason to do so, however.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What a depressing outlook on life.

New Year's Eve is a time to be with friends and family and celebrate the beginning of new chances. A time for personal reflection and a chance to make peace with what has been and look forward to what might be.

Personally, I think a party or two might have done you good. Your life is what YOU make it; you can be whatever you create yourself to be.
Its depressing if you think new years is the time for family.Everyday should be not a night when you think its OK to be drunk.Everyday is time for reflection not because it s a night to go get drunk and act a fool

Old 01-01-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
New Years is a hold over from Saturnalia, from the Romans.
Thanks very interesting

Old 01-01-2013, 09:44 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
What are you complaining about? You made your choice not to do that, and you did what you wanted.

I did the same. I prefer to stay home on New Year's Eve--did my share of partying in my younger days, and now I enjoy relaxing and not being hung over on January 1st.

If others want to get drunk and party it up, why do you care?

Old 01-01-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Make a resolution to smile more.

Happy New Year!

I do not need a night dedicates to being drunk to wish you a good day.I wish you a happy day everyday not because some fools think its a night to be drunk

Old 01-01-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What a miserable life you must lead, never having any fun just drowning yourself in an obsessive pre-occupation of what taxes the government is taking from your paltry earnings that you slave away for many hours every day to earn,all the while every one else is out there happily celebrating the new year .
This has to be a belated satire on the Scrooge story right?Or is it more like this?

Sneaky Little Hobbitses - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (5/9) Movie CLIP (2002) HD - YouTube
No im quite happy with life i just do not see the need for people to run around drunk wishing everyone a happy new years whne on Jan 1 nothing has changed

Old 01-01-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Turn that frown upside down and resolve to enjoy life. Begin by turning off Fox News, Beck and Limbaugh. Listen to NPR. You'll feel better. Seriously. Give it a try.
It warms my heart some people do not change . Blame fox Beck and Limbaugh instead of the people running our governemnt.At least you do not use new years to be fasle to yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies