Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 09:54 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What are you complaining about? You made your choice not to do that, and you did what you wanted.

I did the same. I prefer to stay home on New Year's Eve--did my share of partying in my younger days, and now I enjoy relaxing and not being hung over on January 1st.

If others want to get drunk and party it up, why do you care?
Not complaining just stated a fact the only difference between today and yesterday is we now again are no going to be paying our tax bill until around June before we can start working for ourselves .So we work the firs part of the year for all those that do not work .just the truth not complain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 09:54 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
lots to celebrate we both got enough cash to type at a PC. the literacy to do so. and the health to do so.
cheer up friend enjoy life its a gift i know lots of my friends already planted in the ground did not get this chance that u and i have, and they were younger.
Gotta love your good attitude Huck. Thanks for all your uplifting posts on C-D.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Seems to be an excuse to go get drunk act the fool.Run around wishing everyone happy new years , only to wake up hung over realizing you made a fool of yourself sick and the only reality is a new tax year has started so the government can take more of your money.So i went to bed early woke up early physically feel good. Happy new tax season last i looked we all will work for the government until June to pay are taxes. Unless of course you depend on the government to live .Then happy new time to depend on the government time instead of yourself. There is nothing to celebarate i so happy new year no thanks.Enjoy having the government take your money to give it to people who do not work
Well, Many younger folks do this drinking until on the floor thing, Though as many get older-Including yours truly we usually get tired of the crowds, noise, And the fact that it's "amateur night" due to this. We shun the inevitable fights, puking and obnoxious and drunken behavior. technically, It becomes a new year from a numbers perspective for the most part. many will not stick to the resolutions for more then a few days, And the new year is not guaranteed to be better then the last-Regardless of it being an odd number or even and a perceived connection to it. We usually tend to reflect though and can decide if we made more progress then last (if we look to this.) We can celebrate with family, friends, or go out to a venue with a crowd that suits us where we are in life now.

I agree it feels good to wake up fresh. maybe there is something to celebrate, And maybe not. that is up to us to decide if we will reflect and change what we don't like, Add what we do, or just understand getting older is not a choice and life is finite.

I got to work this morning, And people on the block were STILL drinking at 7:00 AM. there were 2 arrests, And one person carted out on a stretcher not to mention numerous ones barley able to walk. Glad I was not one of them. Done the bar/club thing and now older, Prefer a movie and nice dinner-And at least most of my mental faculties in good shape.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,090 times
Quote:
It warms my heart some people do not change . Blame fox Beck and Limbaugh instead of the people running our governemnt.At least you do not use new years to be fasle to yourself
I used to listen to Fox and Limbaugh. Not Beck, though. Far too nutty. But Fox and Limbaugh are always angry and they spin everything to get the listener/viewer angry, too. They make stilted statements that the listener almost automatically will agree with.

A few years ago I set my clock radio to wake me up to NPR "morning edition" and the angry, hyperpartisan schtick seems ridiculous to me now.

Try it. You'll experience a slight "withdrawal" at first, because they aren't slanted towards the political viewpoint you think you've adopted. But after a short while, you'll come to appreciate their uncolored reporting.

Plus, they don't have those loud annoying repetitive commercials.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Its depressing if you think new years is the time for family.Everyday should be not a night when you think its OK to be drunk.Everyday is time for reflection not because it s a night to go get drunk and act a fool
What's depressing about family o depressed one?

Gosh, do you really think EVERYONE gets drunk on New Year's Eve? Though I proudly won the beer tasting contest at my party. Yep - guessed 13 out of 15 correctly.

However, the reason I won is because I took only one sip of each; kept my palate clean and stayed completely sober.

You can congratulate me later!

Old 01-01-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What's depressing about family o depressed one?

Gosh, do you really think EVERYONE gets drunk on New Year's Eve? Though I proudly won the beer tasting contest at my party. Yep - guessed 13 out of 15 correctly.

However, the reason I won is because I took only one sip of each; kept my palate clean and stayed completely sober.

You can congratulate me later!
Congratulations. I see nothing has changed in this new year for you which proves my point

Old 01-01-2013, 10:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Congratulations. I see nothing has changed in this new year for you which proves my point
Look, Dismal, you have no idea what my life is like - at all. Not ever, the year before, the year before that, or the year to come. So - you have proved no point.

So listen, Dark Thoughts, although some people are drawn to meloncholy - most will stay away. Change your thoughts ~ change your life. I think you need it.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Look, Dismal, you have no idea what my life is like - at all. Not ever, the year before, the year before that, or the year to come. So - you have proved no point.

So listen, Dark Thoughts, although some people are drawn to meloncholy - most will stay away. Change your thoughts ~ change your life. I think you need it.
By your name calling and attacks you have proved my point

Old 01-01-2013, 10:51 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
I spent my new years eve doing sit ups, watching tv, drinking water, and chatting with my wife. No beer or wine or anything else alcoholic was consumed. We almost went to a friends, but changed our minds, mainly due to heavy police presence.

NH isn't unlike any other police state with liberals running things.

Might go hiking later or x-c skiing....

Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,274,810 times
If you don't want to pay for taxes move on over to some crap hole of a country. We don't need you here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies