Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 01:39 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,593 times

Advertisements

Governor Sarah Palin would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I would like to share the governors words and do the same. I would like to say that Governor Palin is right that we should remember the blessings and opportunities that God has given us as independent individuals and that we should understand this nations exceptional foundations in strength. Let's not let it go to waste this year.

Best wishes to... | Facebook

Best wishes to everyone for a happy New Year! In the coming days there will be a great deal of debate about the goings-on in the political arena and the shenanigans in Washington. Constitutional commonsense conservatives must stay engaged and hold our “leaders” accountable to the voice of average everyday hard working Americans or we will very soon become an enslaved, bankrupt former nation of greatness. So, please keep the faith heading into this new year.

The rest is above in the link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,022,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Governor Sarah Palin would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I would like to share the governors words and do the same. I would like to say that Governor Palin is right that we should remember the blessings and opportunities that God has given us as independent individuals and that we should understand this nations exceptional foundations in strength. Let's not let it go to waste this year.

Best wishes to... | Facebook

Best wishes to everyone for a happy New Year! In the coming days there will be a great deal of debate about the goings-on in the political arena and the shenanigans in Washington. Constitutional commonsense conservatives must stay engaged and hold our “leaders” accountable to the voice of average everyday hard working Americans or we will very soon become an enslaved, bankrupt former nation of greatness. So, please keep the faith heading into this new year.

The rest is above in the link
She's not the governor anymore. She quit. And why would anyone care what she has to say?

Old 01-01-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
She's not the governor anymore. She quit. And why would anyone care what she has to say?
You still address a former governor as governor. Just like you would a former president. It's common courtesy to do so.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:47 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
You still address a former governor as governor. Just like you would a former president. It's common courtesy to do so.
Not when she left her state and the office for money. She is nothing but a quitter. She could care less about this country.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Not when she left her state and the office for money. She is nothing but a quitter. She could care less about this country.
She was given no choice but to leave because of a loophole in state law that allowed democrat operatives to come in and exploit the Alaskan Ethics law and file bogus lawsuits against the governors office which hampered it's effectiveness dealing with states issues on a daily basis. They had Palin wrapped up in litigation and depositions constantly and she was paying out of her own pocket to defend herself with the small salary she had just taken a pay cut with. Her and her staff were unable to perform the normal duties of the governors office. The Lt Governor who replaced Palin later had the loophole closed so it could never happen to another governor again. The lawsuits were all dismissed as frivolous and no lawsuit has ever been filed against the governors office again after she left. Also why do you think she could care less about this country?

Old 01-01-2013, 02:00 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
She was given no choice but to leave because of a loophole in state law that allowed democrat operatives to come in and exploit the Alaskan Ethics law and file bogus lawsuits against the governors office which hampered it's effectiveness dealing with states issues on a daily basis. They had Palin wrapped up in litigation and depositions constantly and she was paying out of her own pocket to defend herself with the small salary she had just taken a pay cut with. Her and her staff were unable to perform the normal duties of the governors office. The Lt Governor who replaced Palin later had the loophole closed so it could never happen to another governor again. The lawsuits were all dismissed as frivolous and no lawsuit has ever been filed against the governors office again after she left. Also why do you think she could care less about this country?
Keep believing that crap, tells us alot about you. All she cares about is exploiting her children so she can make more money, thats why I say she could care less about this country.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:16 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Also why do you think she could care less about this country?
Considering the wealth she has accumulated from her followers hanging on to her every word via books, reality TV shows, public speaking appearances and that sweet little contract with FOX, I'm sure she LOVES this country. She probably says "God Bless capitalism!" every time she looks at her bank balance.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:28 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Just like for a current President...

Old 01-01-2013, 05:30 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Who is Sarah Palin and why should we care what she says, I guess in related news, my bodega owner, Dave, also wished everyone a Happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:26 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,335 times
Quote:
When I joined the Marine Corps it was for the full 6 years, no option to quit. I fulfilled my duty.
Best wishes and Happy New Year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies