Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of what this guy has done?
He shouldn't be fined for a corporation is considered a person. 0 0%
He should be fined for a corporation isn't a human being. 4 80.00%
He shouldn't be fined, but what he did was wrong since he abused corporation personhood. 0 0%
Other: Please State. 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,444,623 times

Advertisements

4409 -- Man uses HOV lane with Corporation Papers! - YouTube

If you don't feel like watching the video I'll attempt to summarize things a bit for you:

A guy in CA has been driving in the HOV lane for years now with him as the only human in the car, well for those who live in regions with HOV lanes you should know it requires +2 people in the vehicle. So your question might be "why is he driving in this lane then?". To answer that, he kept his corporation papers in his glove compartment which technically means by law (I think corporations became people in like 1970 or 1980 something essentially so they can donate to campaigns) that he has another person in his car. After 10 years I believe, a cop pulls him over and tickets him, his excuse? I have another person in the car since I have corporation papers. Check Mate. Now the court has to decide if he truly had another person in the car or what he has been doing was illegal.

I want him to get ticketed to prove that a corporation isn't a human. I'm tired of America becoming more and more a business. I was thinking about it the other day, Capitalism isn't bad until greed comes in. America has now become greedy, why should a campaign cost billions of dollars now? Its absolutely ridiculous. A company shouldn't have a say in politics, they shouldn't have the power to hand a check to our politicians and legally bribe (in Washington language "lobbying") them into voting one way or another. Take corporation personhood away, its only destroying our "establishment".

But anyways, don't mind my rant, what do you guys and gals think of what this guy did?

BTW: Sorry about the title of the thread, didn't realize I put "area" rather than are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
This forum has a search function:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...e-carpool.html

Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,444,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
This forum has a search function:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...e-carpool.html
Thanks for telling me it has a search function, although I'll still never use it.

I actually wanted to poll those on this rather than just reading responses.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:49 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post

4409 -- Man uses HOV lane with Corporation Papers! - YouTube

Now the court has to decide if he truly had another person in the car or what he has been doing was illegal.
The United States Supreme Court has already ruled that in this modern day and age an amendatory construct is endowed by deem to be "truly". This decree avoids discussions revolving around the term "organic".

The Supreme Court has stated over and over that there is no difference between a genuine string of pearls and a string of genuine pearls.

We are now in the age of semantic perversion.

This is what comes from supreme court justices imbibing in bath salts, they devour the Constitution.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,514 times
The 14th Amendment should be repealed for being inharmonious with the rest of the Constitution.

Otherwise, Congress will surely enact the Corporatist Rights Act with the same launching pad used for the Civil Rights Act, where it would be a crime to discriminate against corporations.

Actually, though, the Civil Rights Act does implicitly prohibit discrimination against Women-Owned corporations, Minority-Owned Corporations, Disabled Veteran-Owned Corporations, etc.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:30 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Fined, abused.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
LOL..I guess it beats a blow up doll in the passenger seat. That one has no defense

I hope he wins because stupid laws usually come back to bite you right in the *ss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies