Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 02:07 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,440,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You can hope so all you want, but it isn't the 1950s anymore and kids play different games today.
I would rather the kids play 'Army, Cops and Robbers and Cowboys and Indians in the backyard all while getting exercise at the same time instead of sitting on the living room floor playing video games. I bought my grandchildren cap pistols in holsters for Christmas. I can't keep enough caps. They are shooting up the place. The neighbor says it sounds like 'Custer's Last Stand' over here the past week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,220,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I would rather the kids play 'Army, Cops and Robbers and Cowboys and Indians in the backyard all while getting exercise at the same time instead of sitting on the living room floor playing video games. I bought my grandchildren cap pistols in holsters for Christmas. I can't keep enough caps. They are shooting up the place. The neighbor says it sounds like 'Custer's Last Stand' over here the past week.
Well you can't mandate how kids play.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:28 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,400,905 times
Quote:
I would hope so.
Kids don't play gun games any more. I haven't seen any kids playing Cowboys and Indians for the past 30 years, or Army, or any of the stuff you and I played when we were kids.

The closest they come are in paintball arcades, where older kids and young adults shoot at each other with guns loaded with hollow gelatin balls filled with paint.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Kids don't play gun games any more. I haven't seen any kids playing Cowboys and Indians for the past 30 years, or Army, or any of the stuff you and I played when we were kids.

The closest they come are in paintball arcades, where older kids and young adults shoot at each other with guns loaded with hollow gelatin balls filled with paint.
My grandkids and the neighborhood kids their age still do where I live. It took a while for some of the younger parents to let their kids do it but they now enjoy watching their kids play after seeing my daughters young ones do it.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
My grandkids and the neighborhood kids their age still do where I live. It took a while for some of the younger parents to let their kids do it but they now enjoy watching their kids play after seeing my daughters young ones do it.
A few kids went out and played with the toys you bought them, sounds like a good enough reason for me to think all kids still play these games.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:40 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,028,424 times
Quote:
The craze around here for a while were those airsoft guns. Kids were running around all over going at it. Kinda died out towards the end of summer. Even the next door neighbors who are full blown liberal lunatics bowed to their childrens wishes and went and got em some. I just laughed at him and he laughed back.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:41 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,378,134 times
Quote:
Well you can't mandate how kids play.
Really? That's what the school is trying to do.

It's completely stupid and absurd to suspend a 6 year old over pointing a finger and saying pow. Did you read the article? Now this 6 year old has a permanent entry on his school record for "threatening another student".

Old 01-02-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Really? That's what the school is trying to do.

It's completely stupid and absurd to suspend a 6 year old over pointing a finger and saying pow. Did you read the article? Now this 6 year old has a permanent entry on his school record for "threatening another student".
Then don't let your kid go to a public school, spend the money for private school or home school.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Then don't let your kid go to a public school, spend the money for private school.
And how would the Private School be different?

Old 01-02-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
And how would the Private School be different?
It's your money and not a public funded school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies