Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 07:22 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times

Advertisements

i think if you dress like a *****, you should expect to be treated like one. i really dont have much sympathy for people who bring these issues on themselves.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,147,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
A woman can consent while blacked out. Blacked out means you're so drunk you won't remember what you did the following day. Blacked out doesn't mean you're unconscious.
Youre f***ing kidding, right? No one with functional brain cells would make that comment.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
I would like to see a huge rally/protest just flood that town right around the time the trial starts, let them know the rest of the nation is watching.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:36 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Oh I'm not.

While she may not be "legally" responsible she still is responsible. Unfortunately she will also bear the consequences of that mistake in judgment for the rest of her life...

Hopefully others will learn from her mistake and be able to avoid it...
How the heck is this girl responsible for being sexually assaulted and raped? What mistake? She went to a party for pete's sake. I have indeed gone to many parties in my life, and I have (gasp) even had a few drinks. Does that mean I deserved to be raped?

Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I would like to see a huge rally/protest just flood that town right around the time the trial starts, let them know the rest of the nation is watching.
Some of the comments in this thread show the level of ignorance they may be dealing with.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:39 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Going to a party does not make her irresponsible. She was in no way responsible for getting raped. She was responsible for drinking, but drinking does not mean you consent to being raped. Nor does it mean you deserved it, or allowed it, or are responsible for being raped.
No one is saying any of those things, learn how to read.

You can't consent to rape. As soon as you consent, it isn't rape.
I'm not saying she deserved it, and what does "allow" it mean?

But it's very much clear that she made many wrong decisions all of which put her in dangerous situations and it just so happened that night her luck ran out.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How the heck is this girl responsible for being sexually assaulted and raped? What mistake? She went to a party for pete's sake. I have indeed gone to many parties in my life, and I have (gasp) even had a few drinks. Does that mean I deserved to be raped?
1) I didn't say she deserved anything so get that straight.

2) Secondly, you went to parties and drank and were lucky nothing happened. So what? You got lucky. We've all been lucky after some lapse in judgment.

3) She had a lapse in judgment. She trusted the wrong people. She drank around these people. What happened happened.

Did she deserve it? Nope. She is still responsible.

When did people stop being responsible for themselves?

You know why I don't walk in bad neighborhoods at night? Because if I did and something happened I'd be responsible for it and have to deal with the consequences if I happened to survive..

Your appeal to emotion notwithstanding...

Old 01-05-2013, 07:41 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman71 View Post
Youre f***ing kidding, right? No one with functional brain cells would make that comment.
If you're conscious, you can consent. Blacked out doesn't mean you're unconscious. It means you're very drunk to the point you won't remember anything you consented to. Why would I be kidding, unlike you I post with my real identity (name and pic in profile, address in location). You're the anonymous one who can't stand behind his views by posting your identity.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:49 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,147,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordsaire View Post
If your conscious, you can consent. Blacked out doesn't mean your unconscious. It means you're very drunk though to the point you won't remember anything you consented to. Why would I be kidding, unlike you I post with my real identity (name and pic in profile, address in location). You're the anonymous one who can't stand behind his views by posting your identity.
I really couldn't give a sh*t whether you know who I am or not. And what the hell does that have to do with the conversation at hand? Is this some way of deflecting the conversation away from what seems most people on this forum think of your completely illogical statements? What the hell does my ID have to do with this? God, what a moron!

If you can't consent, it's rape. It's that simple. Whether she's unconscious, asleep, blacked-out or dead, she had no way of stopping what she may or may not wanted to happen. It's that simple. Why bicker over words?

Old 01-05-2013, 07:52 PM

10,023 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Closed for Mod review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies