Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 02:25 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
What they are doing is trying to make the Conservatives and GOP look extreme and that they, by comparison, are centrist, when we all know the opposite is true.

That is not hard to do: Exhibit A Todd Akin, Rejected Thank God for US Senate from Missouri

The Establish GOP is not crazy, but it must stop tolerating crazies like this clown or it will properly be grouped as an entire bunch of crazies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 02:28 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
That is not hard to do: Exhibit A

The Establish GOP is not crazy, but it must stop tolerating crazies like this clown or it will properly be grouped as an entire bunch of crazies.
It is not hard to do when you have celebrated members such as michelle bachman, tod akin, ALLEN WEST, and other assorted members who not only are unhinged but they also are VERY LOUD and VERY OUTSPOKEN. You can argue all you like and try to twist things around but the republican party is sick and it will only continue on it's path to destruction. Go ahead and ignore me and ignore others and continue living in your little bubble but when that bubble pops and your left all alone and cold don't start crying whatever happens the republicans own it. Not that the democrats are a prize either mind you, which is why I vote green party they maybe a little loopy but at least they have principles both parties are sell outs and both are corporate owned subsidiaries.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
It is not hard to do when you have celebrated members such as michelle bachman, tod akin, ALLEN WEST, and other assorted members who not only are unhinged but they also are VERY LOUD and VERY OUTSPOKEN. You can argue all you like and try to twist things around but the republican party is sick and it will only continue on it's path to destruction. Go ahead and ignore me and ignore others and continue living in your little bubble but when that bubble pops and your left all alone and cold don't start crying whatever happens the republicans own it. Not that the democrats are a prize either mind you, which is why I vote green party they maybe a little loopy but at least they have principles both parties are sell outs and both are corporate owned subsidiaries.
Read my post carefully: I'm agreeing with you.

I said the Estblishment GOP is sane, but they must take the ship back from the noisy wing nuts, and have the guts to detach themselves from the wing nuts, too.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times
Quote:
These people don't hold a candle to the nuts, cooks, Kay Kay Kay dragons, murderers of women (Kennedy) etc., in the DNC.

Now scamper back to Projection 101, cause you aren't fooling anyone (except, perhaps, yourself).

Old 01-04-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Read my post carefully: I'm agreeing with you.

I said the Estblishment GOP is sane, but they must take the ship back from the noisy wing nuts, and have the guts to detach themselves from the wing nuts, too.
I know I didn't know you even answered I was talking to robin I whole heartedly agree with what you are saying. I also think the reason why they have gotten so extreme is because they have unlimited money coming in from corporations and other third parties. Imagine if Bachman or Allen West did not have The koch brothers backing them do you think they would even stand a chance ?

Old 01-04-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
These people don't hold a candle to the nuts, cooks, Kay Kay Kay dragons, murderers of women (Kennedy) etc., in the DNC.

Now scamper back to Projection 101, cause you aren't fooling anyone (except, perhaps, yourself).
uhuhh keep hiding in your bubble and when it pops you will be left in the cold, keep towing the line for Republican LLC they care nothing for you, You will not be rich, You will not be highly successful instead YOU will be conspiring with the corrupt and the weak. YOU and many blind sheep like you are the reason we as a country are dying. I think they have a word for someone such as yourself I believe you are called a "tory" or a "loyalists"

Old 01-04-2013, 02:42 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
It hasn't become, it's long been.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:52 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
The real problem that Republicans have it is hard to beat the GW Bush/ Barack Obama governing philosophy (more goodies largely unpaid for) popularity.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I know I didn't know you even answered I was talking to robin I whole heartedly agree with what you are saying. I also think the reason why they have gotten so extreme is because they have unlimited money coming in from corporations and other third parties. Imagine if Bachman or Allen West did not have The koch brothers backing them do you think they would even stand a chance ?
They would not, and Akin won his primary because his opponent pumped $2 mill towards his campaign. She wanted someone she could roll over..mission accomplished.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:46 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I think some Republicans agree with these principles but the party as a whole doesn't abide by them.

Smaller government doesn't mean allowing prayer in public schools or putting numerous restrictions on any health care procedure. It also doesn't mean supporting Arizona's SB 1070 law. Doesn't mean supporting the Real ID act. Also doesn't mean supporting wars in the middle east.

Less taxes doesnt meant supporting raising taxes on 47% of the population.

More personal freedom doesnt' mean supporting 21 and over alcohol laws or blue laws, etc... Seems more like more regulation.

agree! nor does it mean being irresponsible with the enviornment, sensible gun regulations, or lack of compassion for those who do not have the opportunity, good luck or privilege that "you" have. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies