Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 08:34 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Then why do you support their policies of manipulating the economy and hand picking the winners and losers with bailouts?
Because THAT's not the disfunctional part.

The disfunctional part are folks like YOU - the "do nothings" - in other words the GOP-controlled House, who's ADMITTED primary goal last time around was - not to help the country, not to salvage the economy, not to get the nation growing again, but rather to ensure that "Obama is a one-term President".
How'd THAT work out for you folks?

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 09:01 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Because THAT's not the disfunctional part.
LMAO The economy not recovering is not dysfunctional? Do you even think before you post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The disfunctional part are folks like YOU - the "do nothings" - in other words the GOP-controlled House, who's ADMITTED primary goal last time around was - not to help the country, not to salvage the economy, not to get the nation growing again, but rather to ensure that "Obama is a one-term President".
How'd THAT work out for you folks?

Ken
Awww poor dear. Got all mad and tried to deflect.
How did the bailouts work for the lower and middle class? How did Obamas plan to get unemployment under 8 percent work for the lower and middle class? How did cash for clunkers work for the lower and middle class? How is the fact that prices are rising and the dollar is purchasing less work out for the lower and middle class?

The youngest generation is the first to have a bleaker outlook than their parents. And the gap between the rich and poor widened.

Open your eyes and look around. The economic policies of YOUR chosen one is a complete failure.
It's not working out for the lower and middle class now is it.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Bingo...

Why do we need a LESS transparent monetary policy?? Why do we need convoluted theory that deters anybody from understanding what they are doing???

Why Why Why???

Why would ANYBODY advocate this???
Ignorance or they are not in the lower and middle class. The rich got richer off of the working stiffs back.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:10 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
LMAO The economy not recovering is not dysfunctional? Do you even think before you post?
Most indicators are trending positive. Our corps subsidiaries are also doing well, as are our major suppliers. We are adding some people, but efficiency gains (robots/other automation) has simply reduced the need for much unskilled labor.

That is this generations' gamechanger-have advanced skil sets or be left out in the cold. Our government will not affect that, positively or negatively. The working stiffs back will forever be valued less than ever; his brainpower will be his way up the food chain.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Most indicators are trending positive. Our corps subsidiaries are also doing well, as are our major suppliers. We are adding some people, but efficiency gains (robots/other automation) has simply reduced the need for much unskilled labor.

That is this generations' gamechanger-have advanced skil sets or be left out in the cold. Our government will not affect that, positively or negatively. The working stiffs back will forever be valued less than ever; his brainpower will be his way up the food chain.
When we the peoples earning power goes up and the dollar stops being depreciated is when the real turn around begins and that should be measured over a bit longer time frame than a few months imo. A short time period isn't a good indicator. We saw what happened in late 1936 early 1937 with the depression within the depression.

robots/automation open up different fields of employment. Someone has to make and service them. In the long run Fords assembly line helped the economy and created jobs.
You hit the nail on the head with brainpower. Always good to work hard, better to work smart.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:50 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times
Quote:
Still hanging on to your false premise that food prices are the only thing rising and that is stalling the recovery because of subsidies?
I asked you for evidence and your evidence talked mostly about food supplies.... Energy prices are of course rising too.... but again there isn't some foundamental issue driving prices up besides supply and demand. I'm going by the links you provide... so maybe you need better links?

Quote:
Bailouts didn't work. Unemployment didn't come down like he said it would in his neat graph. Cash for clunkers didn't work either as it hurt the lower and middle class. Educated people understood that from the getgo.
Didn't work? That's pretty subjective and very simplistic. So then after the bailouts the economy got much worse?

Quote:
LOL You are just making up all encompassing statement because you cannot discuss the facts. So tell me how did manipulating the housing market work out? Tell me how its okay for government to pick who does and doesn't get the benefits?
Sigh.... the economy has been manipulated since the beginning of time.... There is no actual free market.... All countries or nations act in their own best interest.... how can a free market exist then?

If you want to just look at what the government has failed to do then that's fine... but America didn't become this powerful without the government picking winners and losers. I tend to take a bigger picture view.

Quote:
I follow Austrian Economics.
FACT - The ones who told us to expect the great depression.
FACT -The ones that told us to expect the dot com bubble.
FACT -The ones who told us to expect the Housing bubble,
Can't wait to see which failures you follow. Let me guess the Yes We Can school of economics where if you wish it, it will come true.
Let me remind you of the ones YOU follow. "The Housing regulations that congress put in will help the lower and middle class attain equity." And you fell for it. lmao.
Oh you follow Austrian Economics, what school of thought do you follow?

Quote:
Obviously you haven't read my posts so why comment? They are posted in this thread, which you have ignored, yet still comment on.
Please keep posting drivel, it's good for a laugh.
K

Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times
Quote:

How did the bailouts work for the lower and middle class? How did Obamas plan to get unemployment under 8 percent work for the lower and middle class? How did cash for clunkers work for the lower and middle class? How is the fact that prices are rising and the dollar is purchasing less work out for the lower and middle class?
Well if you are a lower or middle worker in the auto industry (it is a rather large industry) then it helped you. It also helped everyone else because we don't have to pay these folks unemployment benefits. Too bad the stimulus couldn't have prevented more state government workers from losing their jobs and worsening the recovery.

Quote:
The youngest generation is the first to have a bleaker outlook than their parents. And the gap between the rich and poor widened.
Inequality has been widening for some time now. This isn't some recent Obama thing.

Quote:
Open your eyes and look around. The economic policies of YOUR chosen one is a complete failure.
I am young gentlemen in the lower middle class and it's working for me

Perhaps you should learn not to generalize so much.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I asked you for evidence and your evidence talked mostly about food supplies.... Energy prices are of course rising too.... but again there isn't some foundamental issue driving prices up besides supply and demand. I'm going by the links you provide... so maybe you need better links?
So you missed the part about household income going from 54k to 50 k in Obamas first 4 years?
So you missed the fact that prices, besides just food are rising?
So you missed the fact that the dollars purchasing power is getting smaller.
You not reading posts is on yOU.

Quote:
Didn't work? That's pretty subjective and very simplistic. So then after the bailouts the economy got much worse?
It worked for the hand picked winners. We the people, the ones who didn't get bailed out, paid for it.
So the ones that didn't overextend themselves, who did the correct and sound thing, get hurt while their ineffective and reckless competition gets bailed out. Why reward losers?
I can make money if government pays off my gambling losses.

Quote:
Sigh.... the economy has been manipulated since the beginning of time.... There is no actual free market.... All countries or nations act in their own best interest.... how can a free market exist then?
Sigh.... every time the economy gets manipulated we have booms and busts. The busts are always worse then the booms. Who are a handful of people to tell us what is or isn't important and therefore should be manipulated? We the people tell the market what is important to us through our purchasing power.
All oligarchys act in their own best interest. Or did you not notice the gap between the rich and the poor getting larger?
You saying the free market doesn't exist doesn't make it so. Getting closer to a free market by taking off the restraints and manipulation of government helps we the people.

Quote:
If you want to just look at what the government has failed to do then that's fine... but America didn't become this powerful without the government picking winners and losers. I tend to take a bigger picture view.
The forgotten man ring a bell? Company A benefits from governments blessing. What about the competition in the same field that didn't get the benevolent hand of government to help?

Quote:
Oh you follow Austrian Economics, what school of thought do you follow?
K
Do you even have a thought?

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 01-20-2013 at 11:27 AM..

Old 01-20-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Well if you are a lower or middle worker in the auto industry (it is a rather large industry) then it helped you. It also helped everyone else because we don't have to pay these folks unemployment benefits. Too bad the stimulus couldn't have prevented more state government workers from losing their jobs and worsening the recovery.
Whose taxes pay for those jobs? Do you actually think most of those in the auto industry would be out of work?
Ever hear of another company buying up another. Remember Washington Mutual that is now Chase?

Quote:
Inequality has been widening for some time now. This isn't some recent Obama thing.
Then it's okay right? So since the previous President(s) were failures and Obama uses the same type of manipulation it's not his fault on what is currently happening?

Quote:
I am young gentlemen in the lower middle class and it's working for me

Perhaps you should learn not to generalize so much.
It's not about you princess. It's about one of the highest percentage of people out of work in the last 30 years. It's about the stagnant economy which isn't improving. It's about prices rising faster than wages.

Perhaps you should take those blinders off and have a look around.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:47 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:

I was referring to WASHINGTON. Do you even read before you post?

Who's "mad" - certainly not me. The political situation is what it is and the American know where to put the blame - and it ISN'T on Obama (polls have made that clear REPEATEDLY). In any event the GOP plan of doing nothing except opposing the President hasn't really worked out for them too well has it? The got a drubbing in the last election and from their current popularitiy ratings it seems unlikely they'll do a whole lot better next time.

The economy is recovering fine - slower than I'd like but definitely recoverying.

The gap between rich and poor has been widening since the Reagan year (so much for all that "trickle down" crap) - so that point is pretty irrelevant to last 4 years.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies