Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Because attacks on the Bible is becoming the norm

Well, if disagreeing means "hate", then you "hate" too for disagreeing. Why do you hate Christians?

I see that. You'd rather follow a Hollywood TV show.
Because there's no proof of the garbage written in the bibble.
You hate homosexuals and use your religion as the reason. But not all of your bibble, only the handpicked parts that support your hatred.

I don't follow either.
I don't live in the US so I don't watch US TV.
I have read the bibble, many times.
12 years of catholic school will do that to you.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
The ancient Hebrews were aware of trichinosis. Pretty smart, those ancients!
You do know the dietary laws weren't for health reasons right?

Old 01-07-2013, 09:12 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,712,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
The ceremonial laws were superseded by Christ. Most of those things (abstaining from seafood, not touching the skin of a pig, etc.) are ceremonial laws, as opposed to moral laws, which bind always and forever. The sin of Sodom or homosexuality definitely falls into the latter category, as it is repeated elsewhere a number of times, including in the New Testament.
Did God make a mistake the first time?

Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,873 times
Quote:
The ceremonial laws were superseded by Christ. Most of those things (abstaining from seafood, not touching the skin of a pig, etc.) are ceremonial laws, as opposed to moral laws, which bind always and forever. The sin of Sodom or homosexuality definitely falls into the latter category, as it is repeated elsewhere a number of times, including in the New Testament.
How does a Bible "to the T" following Christian discern between ceremonial and moral law?
For example, keeping your women quiet in church, or not working on the Sabbath?

I agree with a previous poster. These "laws", were written in conveniently by kings and rulers to gain control of a society hungry for a leader, no matter how wacky the laws were. I only know that the hypocrisies of the OT are palpable so I personally choose not to follow or preach a book of hypocritical rules that discriminate.
I cannot profess to know the truth and enormity about God/creator of all things because I am a mere human being. Science? A Deity? A combination of both? I'm not going to even pretend to know so in the meantime I'll just live and let live.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Because there's no proof of the garbage written in the bibble.
You hate homosexuals and use your religion as the reason. But not all of your bibble, only the handpicked parts that support your hatred.
No one is asking you to believe anything, but that does not mean you can't respect people who feel differently that you, but apparently all you have to offer is baseless accusations. It is ironic you are accusing me of hatred when you are the one acting it out.

Quote:
I don't follow either.
I don't live in the US so I don't watch US TV.
You have an awful lot to say about something you admit you know nothing about.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:51 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
True. Unfortunately the "president" on that silly TV show was not aware of it.

It's telling that Hollywood would make a TV show where the "president" attacks the Bible.
Jesus hates gays so much that he never even mentioned it.

According to the same chapter, a plate of oysters is a plate of abomination.

PS. God hates shrimp

http://www.godhatesshrimp.com/

PPS;

IF it was wrong in the Old Testament, but right in the New Testament, does that mean God can just change his mind? Sure it does. He's changed his mind before.
http://www.gotquestions.org/God-change-mind.html
The Scriptures that are interpreted as God seeming to change His mind are human attempts to explain the actions of God. God was going to do something, but instead did something else. To us, that sounds like a change. But to God, who is omniscient and sovereign, it is not a change. God always knew what He was going to do. God does what He needs to do to cause humanity to fulfill His perfect plan.

So yeah, if you repent, then it's not a mind change. If God does it, it's just part of his plan. A plan to do one thing, reconsider, and do another. Because he's God and knows everything. Like he made the Devil to tempt us into Sin. Because, hey, why not.

Here's a question. Did God create evil? Ephesians 3:9 and Revelation 4:11 also tell us that God has created all things.

Last edited by 70Ford; 01-08-2013 at 01:21 PM..

Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Jesus hates gays so much that he never even mentioned it.

According to the same chapter, a plate of oysters is a plate of abomination.

PS. God hates shrimp

God Hates Shrimp

PPS;

IF it was wrong in the Old Testament, but right in the New Testament, does that mean God can just change his mind? Sure it does. He's changed his mind before.
Does God change His mind?
The Scriptures that are interpreted as God seeming to change His mind are human attempts to explain the actions of God. God was going to do something, but instead did something else. To us, that sounds like a change. But to God, who is omniscient and sovereign, it is not a change. God always knew what He was going to do. God does what He needs to do to cause humanity to fulfill His perfect plan.

So yeah, if you repent, then it's not a mind change. If God does it, it's just part of his plan. A plan to do one thing, reconsider, and do another. Because he's God and knows everything. Like he made the Devil to tempt us into Sin. Because, hey, why not.

Here's a question. Did God create evil? Ephesians 3:9 and Revelation 4:11 also tell us that God has created all things.
Yes, you see God in His Glorious perfection, created flawed humans. Then when all of us flawed humans do bad things, he punishes us. Unless we repent and tell Him that we are sorry and we need Him to "cure" us from the flaws he made us with to stroke his ginormous ego. Makes perfect sense, right?

This logic is precisely why so many people are falling all over each other to get into fundamental dogmatic religion these days. NOT.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Finally, someone has pointed out the obvious evils of eating seafood.
Thank you for this thoughtful and relevant post.
You're welcome.

It's retarded to hate one thing while embracing the other....

Old 01-12-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Like BJ's. Those aren't allowed either. If you ever had one, you are going to Hell.

God has repented. Be like God. Realize you made a mistake.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:15 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
You're welcome.

It's retarded to hate one thing while embracing the other....
Seafood, eeeewwwww!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies