Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 02:01 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It was back in student government in college. Basically there is a narrow window between the time the new administration for next year is elected and the end of school and in that time the new and old administration get together and set the budget priorities for the upcoming year. Basically, due to time constrains of elections and the end of school we had one night to set a half a million dollar budget.
I thought for sure there were strippers involved, but then I have to take into account I was never in student government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,663,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
. If I was falsely accused, I would be disruptive too.
I'll ask you for the second time: how do you know he was falsely accused? Maybe you were at the same airport and you happened to be following the lad around, but somehow I doubt that. I'm betting that you're just making it up (or, to use your words, "jumping to conclusions"), but feel free to prove me wrong.

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Right.

I think the issue here is that the OP is trying to spin this into something it isn't - that this kid was targeted because of something his whacky father said.
He is against everything Obama stands for, and you, as a liberal. His recent book Government Bullies probably isn't sitting well with those power freaks. They'd love to deport the whole Paul family, or arrest them for something.

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No biggie..didn't we read the same thing about Bush's daughters in Austin.

Kids will be kids, especially at that age.
I don't see it as a reflection on Rand Paul.
Isn't it great that we live in a country where the lawmaker's kids are booked right along with ours? I know we all complain about this and that but no one is above the law. That is what makes the country great.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Some young actor was recently recorded drunk and urinating (alot) openly in the airport in front of everyone, it's gross so I'm not going to attempt to link it. He was taken down by security and I hope arrested.

It's becoming a thing, the disgusting classless behavior of people in public, drunk or not. Somehow I got through the youthful party years without wizzzing all over, beating people up and exposing myself.

If Rand Paul's son was being disorderly and obnoxious, good, arrest him.
"If" is the point.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:06 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Not while I was traveling across the country, but I got wasted during those hours once. Granted it was because I had a meeting that ran from 6pm-6:30am. After it was done a bunch of us went to my place and got totally smashed.
Seems appropriate to me. My track team once did a 24 hour relay run for charity. 4 of us took turns running a mile for 24 hour (we each ran 20+ miles overall). We were also drinking during most of the down time. I was pretty tipsy (and running a lot) throughout the morning.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
A 19 year old who snuck a few drinks and possibly became unruly?

Yea that never happens........ LOL
Are you serious? How is somebody going to be sneaking booze aboard with the TSA sticking their hands down our pants and xraying every piece of baggage. Get real. THINK

sorry coalman, I like you, but let's not assume any of this is true. It's all allegation as far as I'm concerned.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:07 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Are you serious? How is somebody going to be sneaking booze aboard with the TSA sticking their hands down our pants and xraying every piece of baggage. Get real. THINK
Maybe he had it up the butt?

Old 01-07-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Seems appropriate to me. My track team once did a 24 hour relay run for charity. 4 of us took turns running a mile for 24 hour (we each ran 20+ miles overall). We were also drinking during most of the down time. I was pretty tipsy (and running a lot) throughout the morning.
You're drinking days are interesting, but they have nothing to do with this, unless you were served while flying in a plane - that would be relevant.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:09 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Maybe he had it up the butt?
If your guess here is correct, would you at least then concede that it represents an alcohol problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies