Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 03:13 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Duh, nor would the president use an Executive Order to overrule the Constitution.
He seems to be trying...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 03:17 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Says the righies who push their pro-gun agendas. This happens on both sides whenever their is a tragedy.
The "pro-gun" was only brought up to counter the shrieking by the left for GUN CONTROL less than 24 hours after Sandy Hook.

Pro-gun being protected by the Constitution. Pushing that is wrong how?

Old 01-10-2013, 03:17 PM

374 posts, read 236,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
But it's true and you know it if you read the article. Very reasonable guidelines and rules outside of the "Katie bar the Door" gun rules that the NRA wants.

Renew the assault weapons ban-that I believe GHW Bush was the first to declare and he used his EO to do it!

And Clinton tweeked it by adding modified weapons to that list.

What is so radical about the measures that Obama wants to implement? The GOP controlled congress are going to throw a monkey wrench into whatever he tries to accomplish gun related-common sense and facts be damned.

That's the reality.
It helps to know what you are talking about first.

AWB '89 DIDN'T expire.

AWB '94 did in SOME States.

Show me a New HK 94 or Polytech Legend that just came in.

You won't.......

Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Yeah but it's not going to become common, at least not under Obama. A lot of these neo-cons are going to have some explaining g and apologizing to do when Obama leaves office in four years and the country hasn't become a despotic communist wasteland like they've been predicting.
And the left better shut their pieholes when the next GOP president starts handing out those EOs. Starting with abortion perhaps?

Old 01-10-2013, 03:24 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Though I would hope for such action, it would be nice

Even a 2nd term president doesn't have that much leadership here in the US. . .so I doubt we can look forward to such action.

And if Fox News said it, then . . .its probably even less likely than that.

Of course, if the president does it, and its challenged. . and it will either stand or fall apart. I'm sure his legal team won't do anything they think is "illegal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
I know that certain groups were promoting Obama to use EO to bypass congress on gun control but I just saw on Fox News that he has already declared an intent to do just that.

Does anyone believe the President has the authority to bypass congress to nullify Constitutional Amendments?

For those on the left, do any of you believe this is a dictatorial action?
If not please help me understand why not?

The president is threatening two illegal acts.

1. To bypass congressional authority
2. To ignore constitutional amendments.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
All the enlightened ones know that Obama was going to do this. King Obama the Communist dictator is stirring up the enligntened ones.

The people I know are showing me their new gun permits and got a call today to be a reference for a friend to get a gun permit. Many people are waking up to the fact we don't have a typical democrat in the office. We have a dicator who will use Executive Order to take our rights away.

You democrats who think this is a typical democratic president are givng their rights away all in the name of their social agendas and entitlement programs. How cunning this administration is bringing about their transformation little by little as the drum of the Communist transformation keeps marching on.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And the left better shut their pieholes when the next GOP president starts handing out those EOs. Starting with abortion perhaps?
GOP governors have already effectively made abortion impossible in many states.

No EO is needed.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:22 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Actually an Executive Order is legal and for the president to use when need be even if you don't like it. Every president in recent history has used an Executive Order.
It is, however, illegal to issue and Executive Order which is in opposition with any part of the Constitution. In other words, all EOs have to be constitutionally sound rather than in conflict with it.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
At least Americans are starting to see that the Civil War wasn't about slavery, but about states rights.

You're giving most people WAY too much credit.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:29 PM

I'm sure plenty of Europeans were sitting around in 1933 saying, "Well, he's a little radical but I'm sure he won't REALLY invade countries that clearly aren't German. And he's just talking nonsense when he demonizes Jews. At least the trains are running on time. And he's such a champion of family values!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies