Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 11:48 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post
Let me interject some hypothesis here. If Adam Lanza were found dead in his cell from a gunshot wound to his head, God surely would be seen as working in mysterious ways. That is, if there is a God.
Fair enough, but one was a producer of a web program and the other was a psychotic killer. Not really comparable IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 11:50 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Such compassion for the loss of live of another human being , just because they were gun enthusiasts.
Like I said: you live by the gun, you die by the gun. This death should not come as a surprise since this guy was such an active promoter of a violent society where everybody should own guns. He's partly to blame for his own demise.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 AM

1,239 posts, read 2,009,298 times
FPS Russia videos are great to watch. I'm not a gun owner but still find them fun. So sorry to hear.

And he was not a promoter of violent society....

Old 01-09-2013, 11:53 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Coincidence? What is that supposed to mean?

Anyway, it is sad. It is a fun channel to watch. BTW: FPSRussia isn't Russian if people didn't know.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 AM

147 posts, read 118,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Fair enough, but one was a producer of a web program and the other was a psychotic killer. Not really comparable IMO.
Well, I actually prefer a Gallagher type who smashes water melons and pumpkins with a big hammer, as opposed to firing guns of different calibers to see how it would destroy them. Mythbusters is a good example of a show where they sometimes blow things up.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:56 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
They're not taking our guns. If they start with the gun nut up the road they'll be coming after casual gun owners like myself next, you can bet on that.
Yet another ridiculous slippery slope argument. Paranoia runs rampant on this thread.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
The teachers were not asking for it. They just wanted to teach children.

Conversely, this gun nut was a proponent of the same dangerous gun culture which obviously killed him. Big difference. I mourn the teachers, I don't mourn this clown.
1. The star of the show merely demonstrates guns, a far cry from promoting some dangerous culture. FPSRussia came up with an idea, found an audience, and capitalized on it.
2. It's not obvious what exactly happened.
3. The person killed was the web producer.
4. Movie stars and producers make movies involving guns all the time. Should Nicholas Cage or the producer of "Lord of War" be killed next? We can't kill people for engaging in freedom of speech.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:01 PM

215 posts, read 182,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Such compassion for the loss of live of another human being , just because they were gun enthusiasts.
It's always the left's way. They are the most hateful people on the planet. They are fascists by definition.

Why is it that right wingers/conservatives are the ones who donate the most? Christians (generally known for right-leaning/conservative views) are the ones who go to the food shelves and donate their time and love and finances.

Hardcore left-wing/liberals are generally a sick bunch of people, IMO. View it clearly in this thread here.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:03 PM

215 posts, read 182,413 times
Quote:
Yet another ridiculous slippery slope argument. Paranoia runs rampant on this thread.
Cho murdered FOUR MORE than Lanza did, and Cho did it with handguns. Cho also did it against ADULTS whereas Lanza did it against little babies.

You actually think we buy into your LIES that their end goal isn't inevitably to get to HANDGUNS?

GTHO

Make no mistake about it folks, they want to take just about everything outside of maybe a double barrel or single shot. Fight these tyrants as it is.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:07 PM

29,491 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Like I said: you live by the gun, you die by the gun. This death should not come as a surprise since this guy was such an active promoter of a violent society where everybody should own guns. He's partly to blame for his own demise.
Wow, You are a scary person for sure with that mentality. So are you saying that anyone that works for a defense contractor designing , engineering, and manufacturing a "weapon of mass destruction" get's what they deserve if the are murdered ? If he died because he did something stupid ,well that I can understand but what your saying is anyone that is an active gun enthusiast deserves this ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies