Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:14 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You just came out and said Romney would have done it if he were elected and you call us "obtuse" ?
Is that your justification..Romney would have done it too ?

I guess because this one really isn't Bush's fault, is it ?

Maybe you should learn to follow a string of conversation better.

Kidkaos stated that he laughs at Obama voters because "this is what they voted for."

The implication being that the expiration of the tax holiday (which was pushed through by Obama to begin with while Republicans obstructed and stamped their feet) would somehow still be here if Obama were not president.

That kind of illogical conclusion, while very typical of people of your and kidkoas' political persuasion, needs to be called out.

There is no one "at fault" for the expiration of something that was supposed to be temporary anyway. It was extended ONCE (BY OBAMA). If you're a Republican who thinks that this wouldn't have happened anyway (or sooner) if Republicans, Romney, or your Republican mayor were in charge, you are woefully beyond hope.

Why you crack geniuses can't figure that out, I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 07:19 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
What is this? The 5th thread on this topic?

Old 01-10-2013, 07:38 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What is this? The 5th thread on this topic?

Yes, and the irony of the situation has yet to settle in.

Obama pushed for the payroll tax holiday in the first place. Republicans obstructed and tried to stop the cut, as well as its extension last year, also pushed through by Obama.

Now that its time for the cut to expire, suddenly Obama is raising our taxes, we've all gotten what we voted for by voting Obama, and if ONLY we had listened to him about his true agenda to... um... return to the status quo... I suppose.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 AM

27 posts, read 23,365 times
Low informed voters have no clue what they voted for. Can't wait to see their faces when obamacare kicks in full force

Old 01-10-2013, 11:00 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I can't believe that they failed to know that the Social Security tax that was dropped by 2% at the insistence of Barack Obama in 2009 and he had said that they were going back on now. Surely they must have realized that our financial hard times are over so they can pay that one again. Of course, they may find some more tax changes that will cost them some money coming soon from PPACA that they haven't seen up to now.

At any rate they are tweeting some nasty names for Obama and some of that can be seen here.

» Democrats Furious… Because Taxes Went Up? » Fresh Ink -- GOPUSA

Did they previously ask why their paychecks were bigger? Or does this operate in only one direction?

Old 01-10-2013, 11:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post

.....regardless of who won the election, the tax holiday was ending as planned.

For sure

Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Just yesterday my wife, who voted for Obama, called me from work and complained that were taking more money out of her check. I just said "well, babe, you got what you voted for"
And you were wrong! Apology to your wife!

Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So let me get this straight.

Democrats are Marxist and want to redistribute wealth yet we were unaware there were going to be tax increases.

Wow, that makes sense.
Three was NO INCREASE! Read the threads and you will learn.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:38 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Democrats are dumb. I guess they got the increase and just figured they were doing such a good job they got a raise but weren't told about it? Hell I didn't even know democrats work to begin with. That is what is shocking about the OP. lol

Old 01-10-2013, 12:28 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Three was NO INCREASE! Read the threads and you will learn.
If people make less money and are doing the same ampunt of work then taxes increased !

Dems can make all the silly little excuses they want to make themselvrs feel better.

Doesn't change the FACT that people are now paying more in taxes. That's called and increase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies