Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 04:16 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I heard my story on tv. Where did you get yours?
It was told to me by someone I know who was a Green Beret in Vietnam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 04:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,270,877 times
BTW Righties...Vietnam is OVER!!! We've finally put the shame of that useless conflict behind us. Quit trying to revive it.

Move on.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,324,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The President of the United States is entitled to select the Cabinet he believes best serves the nation and his administration of this nation. And the voters selected the President to lead us another 4 years. I've read a lot of what you've written on this forum, and most of it strikes me as being hateful and anti-American. That's just my impression. I'd describe Sen. Kerry as a more loyal American than I would you.
The President of the US is allowed to make those appointments with the advice and consent of the Senate. I don't give a damn if you don't know about the Senate's part in appointment of Cabinet members. I don't think that the outcome of that election was a mandate that allows him to avoid the Constitution in so many people, ilke you leaners do.

Now if you don't like how I feel about Obama, that is your right, but does it make me un-American to not like him? Oh, yes, Senator Carry was so very loyal when he went to Paris twice to meet with the North Vietnamese twice against the laws of the United States. You do know quite a bit about him in those days, I hope. I wonder if you know anything about him back then. Of course, you consider being against left leaners un-American, don't you?

Old 01-11-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Are you including all 30, 000 veterans who were members of Vietnam Veterans Against the War in your assertion that they were anti-veteran?
Wow, 30,000 vets against the war. What about all the rest who were spit on and had human excrement thrown at them when they got off planes and ships. That number you are talking about just doesn't make much of an impression on me.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:32 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,742,270 times
Quote:
Wow, 30,000 vets against the war. What about all the rest who were spit on and had human excrement thrown at them when they got off planes and ships. That number you are talking about just doesn't make much of an impression on me.
What about them, assuming that any of that is actually true.

That was then, this is now:

More than 300 people greet returning soldiers in Cape May Court House - pressofAtlanticCity.com: Breaking News

Time to move on.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Quote:
had human excrement thrown at them when they got off planes and ships.
Good god Roy. Where do you get this garbage? Those guys were IGNORED. No one was throwing human excrement on them. They got off the planes and walked through the airport and NO ONE PAID ATTENTION to them. I know. I was in those airports. Were you? Tell us how many people YOU welcomed home from Vietnam. Tell us how YOU were at the airport to greet them with a handshake and a pat on the back. How many afternoons did YOU spend waiting for the plane to come in from Hawaii so you could welcome home a guy who was coming back? Tell us what YOU did so all those guys would get welcomed home. How many drinks did you buy for a guy who came off the plane still wearing what he had on when he left Da Nang?

Give it up. Your attempts to justify your hate for John Kerry are getting stupider and stupider.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:48 PM

147 posts, read 119,245 times
Quote:
I have called my Senators to tell them that we do not want him and they should stop his appointment from happening. His actions in 1971 convinced most of us that he has no business in a job like Secretary of State. Is there anybody here who wants him for any reason other than politics?
I can't find your yes-no poll.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:20 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,721,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Good god Roy. Where do you get this garbage? Those guys were IGNORED. No one was throwing human excrement on them. They got off the planes and walked through the airport and NO ONE PAID ATTENTION to them. I know. I was in those airports. Were you? Tell us how many people YOU welcomed home from Vietnam. Tell us how YOU were at the airport to greet them with a handshake and a pat on the back. How many afternoons did YOU spend waiting for the plane to come in from Hawaii so you could welcome home a guy who was coming back? Tell us what YOU did so all those guys would get welcomed home. How many drinks did you buy for a guy who came off the plane still wearing what he had on when he left Da Nang?

Give it up. Your attempts to justify your hate for John Kerry are getting stupider and stupider.
Fail.

How many did you welcome? Never mind that you were "in the airport". How many did you actually welcome, and thank?

Remember, Vietnam was a quagmire created by Democrats. How they could still have a following today is beyond me. The derision directed at returning military was actually the public's feeling about the Democrats and the war, except the vets were an easier target.
It's always that way with those who are ignorant.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

I don't know who (whoops, I nearly broke a rule) this man you call by something other than his real name, Jon Carry, is.

I have spent all my life, other than the 3 years I was in the Army in Kansas and not very close to any airports, but then most of them got off near the coast. I originally heard about those haters throwing chit and pee at those men from a conservative woman who lived in Berkley and was told many times by professors, speaking in glee, about doing those things. Not seeing others do it but doing it themselves and then bragging about it.

Were you really doing what you ask me about me doing back then? You do know that that was over 40 years ago so maybe you need to think about your age compared to that time.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post
I can't find your yes-no poll.
I didn't know that if you don't make a poll you have no right to have an opinion. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies