Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,335,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The Master? You mean President Obama?
I will use either of those words you asked about but never both of them at the same time. I believe that he thinks his re-election was nothing short of a mandate to carry out his change of the nation and he is willing to attempt to do it any way he has to use. Yes, The Master seems to fit very well these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
His actions speaking out against what may well be the biggest foreign policy blunder in US history would seem to make him well qualified for SoS.

I'd also want him for the affect he has on McCarthyites, they deserve it.
I have to wonder if the biggest foreign policy blunder might not have been Benghazigate but then you don't know a lot about that since you get all your info from the MSM.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I figured out why you don't have money for a vacation. The tin foil bill in your household must be ENORMOUS.

Have you checked under the bed to see if any of those commies crossed the border and got as far as Kansas?
I don't need to check under my bed. It is one of those adjustable things that sits flat on the floor with the supports there. If one of them crawled in there he had to go from the top end and it is very crowded up there with all the machinery.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm positive Kerry will not be serving the best interests of our nation, he will be serving the best interests of 0bama, himself and the democratic party, in that order. Kerry will be a loyal puppet to 0bama, that much is sure.
Carry never has served the best interests of the nation even back when he was making himself into a hero in Vietnam. His part in the Winter Soldier proved so much of what you just said and anybody with a brain would know that it will be Obama, Carry, the Party and then the nation.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 PM

6,268 posts, read 5,087,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
In 1971, Hillary Clinton was working with avowed Communist attorney Robert Treuhaft.

You'd be hard-pressed to argue that disagreeing with a war that most Americans wanted to end by 1971, and which was already being wound down in 1971, is more of a disqualification than that.
Off topic (my apologies) but I just freakin' hate that expression. There is an entire generation of Americans who have no idea what it is for us to win a war. We don't win them anymore. We just....end them. We wind them down until eventually we just take our toys and go home.

It breaks my heart when I think about all those Americans who have died, and all those who have been physically and emotionally wounded. For nothing.

My husband was an 18 year old boy in Vietnam who carried his dead best friend for two days until they could get choppered out. He is now 65 and still loses sleep over the years he was there. My son did two tours in Iraq. For what? All of it for what?

Nothing was achieved. Nothing gained. Nothing won. Just dead and wounded boys, generation after generation for nothing. I love my country. But I HATE how we fight wars. The money - the politics - the lack of direction or clear goals - the rhetoric. Every one of those who have fought in these bullsh*t wars since WW2 was a person with hopes and dreams and people who loved them. Our politicians (the suits who call the shots) and the suits who profit financially, are the lowest form of scum sucking life-forms we have in this country.

Sorry for the rant. Back to our regularly scheduled program.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,503,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Nothing was achieved. Nothing gained. Nothing won. Just dead and wounded boys, generation after generation for nothing. I love my country. But I HATE how we fight wars. The money - the politics - the lack of direction or clear goals - the rhetoric. Every one of those who have fought in these bullsh*t wars since WW2 was a person with hopes and dreams and people who loved them. Our politicians (the suits who call the shots) and the suits who profit financially, are the lowest form of scum sucking life-forms we have in this country.
Totally agree. Except WW2 was also bullsh*t.

"Direction" and "clear goals" and a willingness to burn entire cities off the map don't make up for essential amorality.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,603,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
John Kerry called our troops barbarians and by being a communist sympathizer, John Kerry gave power to our communist enemies and extended the war .

OUr brave men who returned from their duties over from Vietnam were never given a welcome home when they arrived in America. All because John Kerry and his words of discouragement to our brave soldiers. They were shunned and the college kids who were exempt from the draft were just as anti-american as John Kerry. The communist were radical in the 60's as well as today.

The communists will always get the support of the democrats like John Kerry and many more.
Hey, the guy served in a bad war fought for bad reasons in a bad place. At least he SERVED which is more than you can say for most of the chicken Hawks who would oppose his nomination.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 PM

22,219 posts, read 19,524,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You are, of course, talking about when he voted or it before he voted against it. Of course, his part in the Winter Soldier meetings was at least as bad. I really like what he said about what caused college kids to get to Iraq and especially what those soldiers really got even with him.
No, that wasn't being talked about. Kerry did vote to authorize use of force in Iraq as a last resort. A vote he later regretted, but that wasn't the vote for it before I voted against it. That had to do with $87 billion Iraq aid vote. Kerry initially voted for it in committee. The original bill had language in it to create stronger accounting practices for companies awarded government contracts overseas and stiffer penalties for those that don't follow them. Those changes came as a result of reports about how Halliburton was charging the government and military for contracts in Iraq. The White House balked at the changes and the language was removed, after coming out of committee, but prior to the full vote on the bill. Kerry voted against it in protest against the changes made.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,582,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am fine with Kerry being picked, though he can be a bit long winded at times.
Perfectly qualified to be our chief diplomat, I'd have thought?

"To jaw-jaw is always better than to war-war" - Sir Winston Churchill

Old 01-11-2013, 12:20 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,591,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
No mention of Carry's activities in 2002? I wonder why not. When you start talking about Bush it always smacks of deflection. Do you really know much about what Carry did in his military years and how he behaved? It seems not.
No, you just never get my point as do many in these quasi-sci threads.

I really don't give a crap what Obama did when he was 20ish.

Nor do I give a crap what Bush did.

Or Taft.

Or Washington.

Or Sponge Bob Square Pants.

Why? Well, to quote one Tripper from "Meatballs"

It just doesn't matter, it just doesn't matter....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies