Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:47 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I carry openly all the time. I am not trying to educate anyone either. The firearms I carry are too large to be easily concealed. If merely the sight of firearms freaks you out that badly, then I suggest it is you with the problem, not the people carrying their firearms.

Get educated and grow a spine.
Yes walking around with loaded weapons that's normal behavior. Keep dreaming. I hope more of you gun nuts show the public the crazy. I think most people think hey people have guns to hunt or to target practice or for protection. They don't perceive gun owners to be crazy cowards walking around with loaded weapons because they are afraid of the world.

Gunnut coward. Hey babe I'm going to the grocery store but I can't leave without me gun what if need it while I'm out. That's fear, violence, and paranoia. Keep thinking your cowardly self is some tough guy cause you are so afraid of the world you feel the need to have a gun to walk around in it.

Gun nuts are crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 06:49 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Again, no reason to walk around freaking downtown Portland with assault rifles unless your goal is intimidation/violence or ego boosting. There is no good reason for it otherwise.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Perfect example of why males under 27 should not be allowed to own guns. The maturity and judgment is simply not there yet. It is foolish and pointless behavior like this that contributes to the anti-gun sentiments.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
If those two guys walked up to a high-school in Anchorage, Alaska, I would ask them if they intended to use the indoor rifle range. Every high-school in Anchorage built after 1977 includes an indoor rifle range.
That's interesting to say the least. I wonder how he would feel hearing the frequent gun shots that are common where I live especially around hunting season. I could imagine the phone call to the police...

"My neighbor is shooting a scary gun."

Police: "....and your emergency is?"

LOL..... The funny thing here is if anyone was going to be arrested it would be the caller for misuse of the 911 system.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:53 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Eh, they probably just want to get on TV. Things like this and the run on buying these type of guns and ammo would not be happening if the government and media wasn't threatening to limit or ban them. All discussions for some solutions other than doing away with these sporting rifles is trivialized or shut down.
The fact that two guys who openly carrying their firearms is even news worthy is a truly pathetic statement, and further demonstrates just how out of touch with reality the lesser-48 has become.

There was never any interest in finding solutions to firearm violence. That was merely an excuse to try to take them away. If any rational person was truly interested in making our schools less of a target for firearm violence they would abolish the Gun-Free School Zone Act of 1995. But clearly the gun-grabbers WANT as many children slaughtered as possible. Otherwise why would they intentionally create these massacre magnets?

The blood of those killed at Columbine, VA Tech, and Newtown, are on the hands of these anti-American totalitarian fascist gun-grabbers.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:54 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yes walking around with loaded weapons that's normal behavior.
Where I live the chances of someone being armed in your vicinity is about 100%. There is no gun violence in the immediate area where I live and gun ownership is probably in the high 90% range, that's not to say it can't happen but the typical crime associated with guns in non existent and has been for decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Again, no reason to walk around freaking downtown Portland with assault rifles unless your goal is intimidation/violence or ego boosting. There is no good reason for it otherwise.
Gun nuts don't get that though. They really think they are being patriots while they show the world they are cowards by walking around with loaded weapons.

Can you imagine the fear, the paranoia, the desire to inflict violence that person must possess to feel the need to walk around with a loaded weapon while they go to the grocery store or the movies or anywhere.

These gun nuts fashion themselves as tough guys. They are deluding themselves

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Good on these kids.

If all gun owners walked with open carry, the afraid people here would quickly get desensitized. A lot of people are scared of guns because they don't understand them and don't own them and don't see them on a regular basis. The only way around this is for them to see guns being carried by ordinary citizens on a regular basis.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Default It all comes down to trust

I happen to trust that anyone openly carrying a firearm is a decent citizen that will not be using the gun to commit a crime such as assaulting me or my friends. If I note someone concealing a gun I figure they are just being cautious. I trust other citizens to be law abiding as well as being willing to come to my defense if I were being assaulted.

IMHO too many people have been indoctrinated to fear everyone else and be terrified if they see a weapon. Fear is a terrible emotion because it shorts out a person's mind and replaces it with the fight, or with most, flight reaction. These responses are completely inappropriate and detrimental to a person’s ability to enjoy life.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Where I live the chances of someone being armed in your vicinity is about 100%. There is no gun violence in the immediate area where I live and gun ownership is probably in the high 90% range, that's not to say it can't happen but the typical crime associated with guns in non existent and has been for decades.
Why would a person need to be armed 100% of the time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies