Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 07:12 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Why not? Really you think it's normal to walk around with a tool for murder just because. I tell the public gun nuts don't think like me or you. They have gun nut logic.
I think it's normal to walk around with a tool for self protection.

It's not normal or abnormal. It's non issue where I live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 07:12 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
What a whiny scaredy cat you are.
Oh god a person so afraid of the world that they feel the need go carry weapon to go out in it. Is calling me scared.

See cats who are so afraid, paranoid, and violent that they need to be strapped at all times are cowards to me.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,269,301 times
Quote:
Why not? Really you think it's normal to walk around with a tool for murder just because. I tell the public gun nuts don't think like me or you. They have gun nut logic.
Hammers killed more people than rifles last year. Are hammers now tools for murder?

Old 01-11-2013, 07:15 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,843 times
Quote:
Oh god a person so afraid of the world that they feel the need go carry weapon to go out in it. Is calling me scared.

See cats who are so afraid, paranoid, and violent that they need to be strapped at all times are cowards to me.
Uhuh. I'm absolutely not scared or paranoid. I have my address in my location and my picture and name in my profile. Why don't your prove how brave you are and post your picture,name, and exact address somewhere in your profile?

I don't carry guns because I'm paranoid. I carry guns because I'd like to shoot someone if I need to.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I think it's normal to walk around with a tool for self protection.
So how many times have you used your gun for self protection. Who do you think is out to get you? Do you have fantasies of going shopping and seeing bad guys. You kill them in a hail of bullets. How old are you? You really think that a likely scene. That's some fear to walk around with all the time. Why are you afraid of the world that you thi k you need a gun?

Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,377 times
This is exactly the kind of thing that some of us gun owners do that make it worse. Poking a stick at a sore does nothing to educate anyone on anything. Its like the west boro baptist church saying they are educating the public about their first amendment rights by holding up signs at the funerals of the children who were shot. WTF are they thinking? We gun owners and the NRA need to start to put a boot on these idiots. Distance them selfs from idiots like this. If the NRA said they do not condone this kind of attitude and display designed only to agitate and upset. Its why I don't open carry even if its legal, grandma does not need to know I have a gun, it does nothing but put me at risk if anything happens, and only freaks out grandma. What the heck have I accomplished? not a damn thing thats good.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
If I am carrying a firearm, then you can rest assured, I have a purpose for it. Nobody buys a firearm, learns to become proficient in its use, and carries it around in public "just because" they can.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:18 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
This is exactly the kind of thing that some of us gun owners do that make it worse.
If you think exercising your right (to open carry) is poking a stick then please, stop talking for us "gun owners.: You're no better than the gun grabbers. What's the purpose of rights if you don't exercise them?

Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 AM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
So how many times have you used your gun for self protection. Who do you think is out to get you? Do you have fantasies of going shopping and seeing bad guys. You kill them in a hail of bullets. How old are you? You really think that a likely scene. That's some fear to walk around with all the time. Why are you afraid of the world that you thi k you need a gun?
Come hang out with me in Detroit, I'll be armed and you not. I promise I will not use my weapon to protect you if something happens. Chances are you might be okay... but are you willing to bet your life on that ? I for one am not, that is why I will use every and any tool that legally provides me a way to protect my or my family's lives from the evil people that are out there. Does it guarantee my safety ? No , will it give me a chance possibily, more of a chance than an unarmed person.
I hope I never have to use my gun in self defense, it's the last thing I ever want to do. It would be a life changing experience but if my or my family's life is threatened I will not hesitate.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Hammers killed more people than rifles last year. Are hammers now tools for murder?
I suppose using gun nut logic a hammer is a weapon for murder but to normal people a hammer is used to build. A gun's only purpose is to kill. That's why our military doesn't go to soldiers and say hey guns or hammers thy are both killing tools you choose. But again using gun nut logic...

Huhm in fact I think if you asked 100 out 100people would you prefer an attacker have a gun or a hammer. I know 100% of people would pick a hammer, but again using gun nut logic.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies