Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 02:23 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If "logic" is your religion, then why do you insist gays should marry in the house of Biblical God? What's the point in getting married in a building which represent something you don't even believe in
I'm agnostic, actually. So you bringing up all this word of god, some dude named jesus, and all these religious texts mean absolutely nothing to me.

In the end, a church is just a building. Who cares what ceremonies are performed in there?

Worry about yourself, dude.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
And the devil came from god, which means that the children of the devil are the children of god. Simple logic that I'm not surprised you don't understand.
God did not invent evil. He gave free will to his angels, and they chose to become evil, and by doing that they became the enemies of God. They were not created that way.

Quote:
You also don't get to say what god or jesus does or does not hate. That's actually pretentious of you to do so.
I don't decide it, the Bible explains what God hates or does not hate. I am simply telling you what the Bible says. I have made this clear already. I am not making it up. If you do not believe in the Bible, then don't argue about it, and don't insist having the church bless your sinful acts. It blows my mind that you mock and riducule the the Christian faith, yet you insist God you should approve your sins. Wouldn't it make more sense to simply say you do not believe in God, and let gays marry each other in places other than buildings built to honor God.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I'm agnostic, actually. So you bringing up all this word of god, some dude named jesus, and all these religious texts mean absolutely nothing to me.
Yet here you are arguing about something you claim means nothing to you

Old 01-12-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
God did not invent evil. He gave free will to his angels, and they chose to become evil, and by doing that they became the enemies of God. They were not created that way.
Doesn't apply to me. I don't follow your religion or this supposed word of god (which has been warped, twisted, and distorted by man as it were). I know what's right and wrong and I know what is good and evil. I don't need some invisible dude telling me that.

Quote:
I don't decide it, the Bible explains what God hates or does not hate. I am simply telling you what the Bible says. I have made this clear already. I am not making it up. If you do not believe in the Bible, then don't argue about it, and don't insist having the church bless your sinful acts. It blows my mind that you mock and riducule the the Christian faith, yet you insist God you should approve your sins. Wouldn't it make more sense to simply say you do not believe in God, and let gays marry each other in places other than buildings built to honor God.
Your god doesn't apply to me. I don't fall under his jurisdiction and you don't get to decide what affects me or my life. I have my own belief structure and now amount of quoting and referencing some fantasy story will ever change that.

More power to you for being religious and all that. Believe what you want - just don't force it on me or anyone else.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Yet here you are arguing about something you claim means nothing to you
What I'm arguing is the fact that you and the other religious nutjobs here supposedly think that a church, which is just a building, is going to be damned for performing a marriage ceremony for two Americans.

I'm arguing against your ignorance and bigotry that you think you get to decide who this god supposedly loves and hates and what kinds of people are allowed into heaven, if such a place exists.

I also said your religion means nothing to me; I never claimed that this issue meant nothing.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Doesn't apply to me. I don't follow your religion or this supposed word of god (which has been warped, twisted, and distorted by man as it were). I know what's right and wrong and I know what is good and evil. I don't need some invisible dude telling me that.
If you don't care, then why do you insist my religion should bless your sins?

Quote:
Your god doesn't apply to me. I don't fall under his jurisdiction and you don't get to decide what affects me or my life. I have my own belief structure and now amount of quoting and referencing some fantasy story will ever change that.
Again, if this is the case, then why do you insist in having a biblical blessing on homosexual lifestyle? Why not simply say that you couldn't care less about what the Bible says and get married in a law office, as opposed to a church?

You sound like a vegetarian who walks into a stakehouse only to complain about all the meat on the menu.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:39 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
No, it depends on your actions. The verses I quoted proves it beyond any doubt. Those who do the bidding of the devil are the children of the devil.
So all Conservative Christians are the children of the devil. Makes sense.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
If "logic" is your religion, then why do you insist gays should marry in the house of Biblical God? What's the point in getting married in a building which represent something you don't even believe in
Because many gays and gay supporters do believe in God, and reject your vile, ignorant butchering of the Bible to condemn something you don't like.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
If you don't care, then why do you insist my religion should bless your sins?
What sins are you talking about? Why would I want your religion to bless me for anything? I really couldn't careless about what you do with your religion - just stop using it an excuse to deny Americans equal rights in this country.

Quote:
Again, if this is the case, then why do you insist in having a biblical blessing on homosexual lifestyle? Why not simply say that you couldn't care less about what the Bible says and get married in a law office, as opposed to a church?

You sound like a vegetarian who walks into a stakehouse only to complain about all the meat on the menu.
First, I'm heterosexual and I don't insist that the bible give a blessing on anything whatsoever. As I said before, I couldn't careless what the bible has to say - it doesn't apply to me. It makes for a great story, sure - but that's about it.

What exactly is a stakehouse? I mean I know what a steakhouse is, but not a stakehouse. Can you clarify?

Old 01-12-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Persian Dualism is not Biblical. You've been reading way too much Paradise Lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies