Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 07:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You make a mockery of your alleged belief in God by making lame attempts at reducing some of his children to lesser beings.
Why don't you read and lean about who God's chidren are, because not everyone is his child. Some are His children, while others belong to the devil. Jesus put it very plainly: when you do the bidding of the devil, you belong to the devil. Gay marriage supporters are doing the bidding of the devil.

Quote:
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever
Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:44 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You can do whatever you want, but marrying gays in church is making mockery of God, the Bible and Christian faith. Maybe that's what the homosexual agenda is all about.
Maybe when the 30,000+ denominations of the "christian" faith can agree amongst themselves what the bible says is a sin, and what is not, I MIGHT listen.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:47 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
What are you? 12?

lols.
Just responding in kind. If the "christians" want to whine and stomp their feet, I figured they would only understand me if I wrote on their level.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Why don't you read and lean about who God's chidren are, because not everyone is his child. Some are His children, while others belong to the devil. Jesus put it very plainly: when you do the bidding of the devil, you belong to the devil. Gay marriage supporters are doing the bidding of the devil.
The Bible also speaks of the love of money being the root of many evils and it being easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven yet the self-righteous haters seem to consistently embrace both the love of money and rich men.

Funny how homophobia is the hatred of choice, eh?

Old 01-11-2013, 07:50 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Something in the Bible give you the right to judge?

I didn't think so
Yeah, it actually does say to judge other.

The Bible says to beware of evildoers and false prophets, etc..

The "Judge others, lest you be judged" is referring to hypocritically judging others.

Look at Matthew 7: 2-5

Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
I've been considering leaving the Episcopal Church for a few years now.

This makes it a no brainer.

This? This makes it a no-brainer? Not the rewrite of the Prayer Book, not the ordination of "priestesses", not the ordination of openly-gay priests, not the consecration of openly-gay bishops, not the election of a female metropolitan - and one who proposes a "quaternity" at that.

No, the breaking point was the decision of one cathedral chapter to do what a great number of churches already do?

If such consequential decisions haven't forced your hand, and yet such an unremarkable though headline-grabbing decision does, in what sense have you been in the Episcopal Church for a few years now?

Whatever - there's always the ACNA.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Just responding in kind. If the "christians" want to whine and stomp their feet, I figured they would only understand me if I wrote on their level.
I said I'm leaving the Epoiscopal Church so I am "whining and stomping my feet" lols.

Sounds to me your projecting your level on me.

I made a statemnt. Nothing whiney about it.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
When gay marriage is performed in a church it is nothing short of a satanic ritual, and that "church" will no longer a house of God.
The Episcopal Church is a joke no wonder many of its members are flocking back to Catholicism. When you stand for nothing, you fall for anything.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Something in the Bible give you the right to judge?

I didn't think so
It is the word Of God himself that rebutes the sin. They are not my words . Take a look at the Word of God to find the truth about Homosexuality and the last days God himself wrote how rebellious man becomes and follows satan who kills , steals and destroys the people who follow him into sin and corruption.

God's word is the judge. And God's word will stand forever. He created us and his sovereignty reigns. God is never mocked. Yet those who rebelll against God will destroy themselves.

The God of grace comes when the sinner REPENTS OF THEIR SIN. Grace is there for that reason.

Grace is not there for sin to abound. Today the world uses the word tolerance . The Christian gives grace for the sinner who repents , not for the sinner who wants to stay in their sin.

God has written. Should grace about that sin abound. God forbid .

Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
This? This makes it a no-brainer? Not the rewrite of the Prayer Book, not the ordination of "priestesses", not the ordination of openly-gay priests, not the consecration of openly-gay bishops, not the election of a female metropolitan - and one who proposes a "quaternity" at that.

No, the breaking point was the decision of one cathedral chapter to do what a great number of churches already do?

If such consequential decisions haven't forced your hand, and yet such an unremarkable though headline-grabbing decision does, in what sense have you been in the Episcopal Church for a few years now?
Uh yeah, all that other stuff has been pushing me away.

The main reason I'm fed up though is the Church keeps supporting all these left-wing charities that do nothing but harm people. I'm tired of my money going to that crap.

There's a new church starting up near me and the Priest was ordained by the Rwandan Diocese. They are much more traditional. I'm gonna check it out before I officially join another church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies