Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:43 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
What are you talking about? The NRA was instrumental in putting the NICS check (current background check system) into place. Which earned them a lot of grief from some on the right, btw.
They do not want background checks period, the proposal came from the Brady Group, they fought the legisdlation tooth and nail and finally relented. Did you hear a peep out of the NRAabout increasing background checks to cover private sales in the last few weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 06:47 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingTactics45 View Post
Ever notice how domestic terrorists like to hide themselves amongst REAL Americans?

They wish the Constitution would go away and will help Obama and his band of misfits to make that happen.

Next thing you know, they will kick in your front door and demand money and food.

That's when they see all the firearms that WEREN'T taken away and registered.
Yeah, so you think Obama is a domestic terrorist, and this guy is a real American?

This is getting sick. I am ex-military and I actually was opposing a lot of gun control.

Now I see the absolute insanity of these "pro-gun" people and realize the people most in favor of limitless owning of any weapon are the ones that really shouldn't have these guns in the first place. They just don't want anyone looking at those that buying guns because no one in their right minds would let them own one.

Such as Alex Jones with his 50 guns, or this guy who thinks it is patriotic to go start randomly killing people whenever some one starts a process he doesn't agree with...like James Holmes.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:57 PM

374 posts, read 236,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Yeah, so you think Obama is a domestic terrorist, and this guy is a real American?

This is getting sick. I am ex-military and I actually was opposing a lot of gun control.

Now I see the absolute insanity of these "pro-gun" people and realize the people most in favor of limitless owning of any weapon are the ones that really shouldn't have these guns in the first place. They just don't want anyone looking at those that buying guns because no one in their right minds would let them own one.

Such as Alex Jones with his 50 guns, or this guy who thinks it is patriotic to go start randomly killing people whenever some one starts a process he doesn't agree with...like James Holmes.
Forgot your oaths already?

The traitor did too......

Barack Obama Oath of Office - YouTube

BTW.....50 guns? LOL

That's a "ok" start to what my friends and I have.

Doesn't matter what you think anyway.

The FBI liked me.......ONLY a few days ago....

Old 01-11-2013, 06:59 PM

He can't even say it.....^^

He's stumbling all over his tongue.

Liar!!!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingTactics45 View Post
The FBI liked me.......ONLY a few days ago....

If the FBI liked you like they liked James Holmes...I don't think I would be championing it as something good.

Of course I have integrity, and don't think it's funny to threaten people. I believe in the sanctity of life.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
If the FBI liked you like they liked James Holmes...I don't think I would be championing it as something good.

Of course I have integrity, and don't think it's funny to threaten people. I believe in the sanctity of life.
Well....I passed a NICS in less then three minutes.

I don't think they are too worried "what" I'm gonna do with these...........100+ guns.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:20 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They do not want background checks period, the proposal came from the Brady Group, they fought the legisdlation tooth and nail and finally relented. Did you hear a peep out of the NRAabout increasing background checks to cover private sales in the last few weeks.
No you are way off with your history. Why am I not surprised that you don't provide a link to support your claims.

Here is one that contradicts them:
2/94 How the Brady Bill Passed - Gun Owners of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOA
Jim Baker of the NRA was quoted by USA Today on October 26, 1993 (P. 7A) as saying: " We already support 65% of the Brady bill, because it moves to an instant check, which is what we want."
Right now I can only guess that the NRA opposes banning private sales (which is basically what "universal background checks" would mean), because it would mean throwing out a whole lot of baby to get rid of a tiny amount of bath water. Since these mass shootings came into vogue, it has been exceedingly rare that any of them obtained gun thru gun shows or private sales. Why would we waste time solving a non-existent problem?

Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Gun control advocates have no argument that makes any sense, when subjected to any scrutiny. They merely howl, in fear and wail that unenforcable laws and unrealistic restrictions be placed on firearms owners.
It is not the bad guys they really want to hit, however. In their minds none of us should be able to own firearms, of any type. Theirs is an agenda of cramming tbeir own views down everybodies throat. That anyone would want a weapon, of any kind, is unthinkable to them and firearms scare them to death.
Where this contempt for those who choose to be proficient with arms so omes from, I know not. As I have said before, tbese are tbe same folks who advocate not resisting a violent attack. Rape and robbery at the top of their passiveness list. Resistance is futile, anx will cause tbe attacker to hurt you, hurt you worse or kill you. (Sigh) ...so we let it be known that the predator has totally passive prey? I would like one of you, who loathe the idea of bearing arms in defense of ones person to explain this rationale to me. That we should give tbe bad guys what they want, anx hope it will buy us our lives.
Tbe idea of civilian proficiency with arms and possesion of same is so repugnant to these people it leaves me slack. It's fi e by me if they would ratber be food than fight back. It's fine by me if they choose to disdain firearms ownership, for themselves, and feel no need to be armed. Just keep it out of my space. My reasons and need for weapons are my own. I need not justify myself to these people, nor do I feel any shame for not sharing their views.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:12 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
If you can't distinguish the difference between using high capacity weapons against an unarmed population versus the effectiveness of those weapons against a modern military, then you are fraking dumber than I could ever imagine.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:23 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post
Both. You're not paying attention.
Oh I'm paying attention, it's funny watching the hypocrisy of the lefties come out when gun control comes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies