Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:42 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
According to Glen Beck when he inquired about purchasing Current TV...He was informed that Al Gore would never sell his station to anyone the likes of Beck...yet he sells to a Terrorist News Network...

Does the left really feel that conservatives are much more dangerous than Islamic terrorists...If so why?
I don't fear anyone in regrads to the future of this nation. My worries for this nation aren't about individuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 11:28 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Setting aside that this entire thread started, as usual, from a completely stupid and false premise...

Right wing extremists here in the US pose a far greater threat to our security and economic prosperity than Islamic terrorists. These are people who not only actively cheer for the failure of the United States and the erosion of our freedoms, they actually have the votes and political power to make it happen. And let's not forget that they've also contributed greatly to the Islamic terrorist problem, by constantly feeling the need to stick their nose in ME affairs and prop up brutal oppressive regimes. If the Middle East is a hornets' nest, the right wing in America is the fat idiot poking it with a stick.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:48 AM

398 posts, read 819,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Setting aside that this entire thread started, as usual, from a completely stupid and false premise...

Right wing extremists here in the US pose a far greater threat to our security and economic prosperity than Islamic terrorists. These are people who not only actively cheer for the failure of the United States and the erosion of our freedoms, they actually have the votes and political power to make it happen. And let's not forget that they've also contributed greatly to the Islamic terrorist problem, by constantly feeling the need to stick their nose in ME affairs and prop up brutal oppressive regimes. If the Middle East is a hornets' nest, the right wing in America is the fat idiot poking it with a stick.
Rather like President Obama just sending in drones and killing whomever he feels is a threat. Seems he is sticking more than his nose in it. The "right wing" does not have the power that the president does to poke it with a stick....guess a skinny idiot is better than a fat one?

Old 01-12-2013, 11:53 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,397,504 times
I don't really fear these clowns per say, I fear their followers that seem to be getting more and more likely to commit some sort of atrocity or act of violence in the name of "freedom."

Old 01-12-2013, 11:56 AM

657 posts, read 695,833 times
Quote:
According to Glen Beck when he inquired about purchasing Current TV...He was informed that Al Gore would never sell his station to anyone the likes of Beck...yet he sells to a Terrorist News Network...

Does the left really feel that conservatives are much more dangerous than Islamic terrorists...If so why?
All the names are leftists themselves. They talk bs about cutting spending, blah, blah, blah, yet vote for every spending bill their way. And if the bill is from a republican and for war mongering, even better. Or tax cuts for the wealthy? Bring it on baby...

We have no right remaining in this country.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:58 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
I don't know about that..

Rush's audience..............15 million listeners weekly

Glen Beck's audience........2 million viewers daily

Sean Hannity audience.....14 million listeners weekly
That just shows that there are alot of gullible idiotic republicans out there.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
it does mean we need to focus more attention on right wing domestic terrorism as well as their leaders.
Can you give some examples of right-wing terrorism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I don't really fear these clowns per say, I fear their followers that seem to be getting more and more likely to commit some sort of atrocity or act of violence in the name of "freedom."
You mean like the violence of SEIU protestors? You all spit out these unsubstantiated beliefs. You fear that conservatives are going to commit atrocities?

You are willfully ignorant. I'd bet that both of you think the OWS protests were awesome (with all the rapes, robberies, and violence), yet deny the peaceful demonstrations of the Taxed Enough Already people.

If this were 225 years ago, you'd be a Tory.

Last edited by steven_h; 01-12-2013 at 12:18 PM..

Old 01-12-2013, 12:09 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Can you give some examples of right-wing terrorism?
Here is an easy one for you, I bet I know who this person votes for.
Daily Kos: Another day, another 'pro-life' terrorist bombs an abortion clinic

Old 01-12-2013, 12:12 PM

374 posts, read 236,272 times
Of course the left wing nut jobs are afraid of them. They are afraid of anyone or anything that busts them down or keeps them in line.

Look at the way all the Republicans punch, slap, and knock them around on here. Most go off in tough guy and girl BS rants in order to save face.

The reality is, they cry like little girls and boys when they push the report button. Somehow, I'm/we are not afraid of a little kindergarden snitches and crybabies.

I bet they had a lot of help along the way. You can just tell how they were raised. They take Government handouts without second thought, feel sorry for everyone, love gays and their rights, support legal drug use.........hell I bet most wouldn't make it all the way through round one.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:24 PM

995 posts, read 1,116,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX

Rush's audience..............15 million listeners weekly

Glen Beck's audience........2 million viewers daily

Sean Hannity audience.....14 million listeners weekly
Actually, the Limbaugh and Hannity audiences average out to 2 million daily viewers. So it's about equal to the Beck daily total.

So it's the same City-Data crew watching all three every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies