Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:46 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,593 times

Advertisements

Al Sharpton has been in the headlines talking about a push to have Obama put on Mt. Rushmore. As a geologist, I said to myself "wait a minute, if Obama, who is black, was put on Mt. Rushmore, the granite color of the rock would make him to appear white". If you think about it........it would be true. I personally think that people would have a problem about this, especially his most ardent supporters.

Sharpton: Is Obama Ready for Mt. Rushmore? | Washington Free Beacon

Geology of Mt. Rushmore.
NPS: Nature & Science» Geology Resources Division
  • George Washington signifies the struggle for independence and the birth of the Republic,
  • Thomas Jefferson the idea of representative government,
  • Abraham Lincoln the permanent union of the States and equality for all citizens, and
  • Theodore Roosevelt the 20th-century role of the United States in world affairs.
What do you think would Obama signify as a reason to have his face put on Mt. Rushmore?

Old 01-12-2013, 10:48 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Al Sharpton is an idiot who says this garbage to get attention cause he is an entertainer.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:51 AM

657 posts, read 695,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Al Sharpton has been in the headlines talking about a push to have Obama put on Mt. Rushmore. As a geologist, I said to myself "wait a minute, if Obama, who is black, was put on Mt. Rushmore, the granite color of the rock would make him to appear white". If you think about it........it would be true. I personally think that people would have a problem about this, especially his most ardent supporters.

Sharpton: Is Obama Ready for Mt. Rushmore? | Washington Free Beacon

Geology of Mt. Rushmore.
NPS: Nature & Science» Geology Resources Division
  • George Washington signifies the struggle for independence and the birth of the Republic,
  • Abraham Lincoln the permanent union of the States and equality for all citizens, and
  • Theodore Roosevelt the 20th-century role of the United States in world affairs.
What do you think would Obama signify as a reason to have his face put on Mt. Rushmore?
I thought he was white already...

How about making his statue red?

Old 01-12-2013, 11:03 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Jokes aside, if any 5th president belongs up there it's Obama for all the crap he has taken from the racist idiots in this country and for what the black people have endured as a whole. He belongs up there.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:09 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
. He belongs up there.
No he doesn't. He hasn't done anything of merit to qualify him to be put on Rushmore. Those other guys have.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:11 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
We lay awake at night, worrying about such things.

Quote:
All men are created equal, regardless of skin color or anything else?

A black man got elected to be POTUS by a majority of American voters. Get over it already.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:15 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Obama is white so its no biggy. Still shouldn't be on Rushmore though.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:15 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
I know that there are many people, apparently including the OP, who are obsessed with the color of the President's skin.

For them, and particularly the OP, I have a question: what are the odds that the skin color of the four presidents already there was the same as the color of the rock? As a geologist you should be able to answer that question.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:20 AM

657 posts, read 695,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Jokes aside, if any 5th president belongs up there it's Obama for all the crap he has taken from the racist idiots in this country and for what the black people have endured as a whole. He belongs up there.
This man does NOT represent what the black people have endured. He's been silver spooned and represents just that, a brat way out of touch with reality.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:26 AM

768 posts, read 880,117 times
The vast majority of statues of white men in england are in a black stone or metal.

ie http://s3.freefoto.com/images/31/20/31_20_52_web.jpg

Sharpton is a friggin idiot whose only aim is to ruffle feathers. Which, admittedly is par the course for the entire race lobby these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies