Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 07:34 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
I agree. If I was a business owner I wouldn't mind serving homosexuals. But I wouldn't tolerate public affection at all.
Would you tolerate heterosexuals holding hands? THAT is all they were doing, holding hands OUTSIDE the restaurant. I wouldn't want ANY customers making out in my business, but holding hands is not making out.

The way some people are going on and on, you would think they were having sex on the table during dinner.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:37 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Christianity is 2+2=5. Homosexuality is not.
You didn't get it, did you

The point is that you cannot "choose" to believe anything. Either you believe, or you don't, but acting out on desires is obviously a choise. You can choose to act, or not act on it.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:37 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You can believe whatever you want, and you you can read opinon pieces as opposed to the Bible, but what I posted to you earlier clearly proves you wrong.

To me it makes absolutely 100% no difference who is "more guilty". It is not about blaming anyone. The story is what it is, and both parties are guilty (yes, conspiracy to commit murder is a serious crime), and if you want to think Jews played no part in it, then so be it. It seems dishonest to me, but if that version makes you happy, then you can stick to it.
I've read the Bible and I've read "opinions" (aka - educated, researched theories) from experts. I stand by what I said. I did not say (DID NOT SAY) that the Jewish leaders played no role. Of course they did. But without the concession of the Romans and the order of Pontius Pilate, Jesus would not have been crucified.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I've read the Bible and I've read "opinions" (aka - educated, researched theories) from experts. I stand by what I said. I did not say (DID NOT SAY) that the Jewish leaders played no role. Of course they did. But without the concession of the Romans and the order of Pontius Pilate, Jesus would not have been crucified.
If you make it your priority to decide who was more guilty, then I am sure you can find opinion writers who agree with you and those who disagree. I do not care who is more guilty, because clearly they are both quilty. It is a matter of opinion who is "more quilty". Many would agree that those who conspired, and laid false accusations and false evidence are more quilty (they started the process), while some will argue that those who could have stopped it, but didn't, are most guilty (you), some will say the crowd outside who refused to release Jesus, but instead released a murderer (Barabbas), are most guilty, and some will say that those soldiers who hammered in the nails are ultimately the ones who killed Him.

It's a matter of opinion. Take your pick, but what does it matter who is "more guilty". It doesn't matter, does it?

Old 01-18-2013, 08:13 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,379,343 times
Quote:
Correct, you should not give lessons on topics you do not understand. You will only end up embarrassing yourself.
Neither should you. Lesbians are not even mentioned in the Bible.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 18 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,531,868 times
Quote:

The point is that you cannot "choose" to believe anything. Either you believe, or you don't, but acting out on desires is obviously a choise. You can choose to act, or not act on it.
Yes, you can choose to believe something, people do it all the time. and yes, acting on a desire is a choice, but not acting on it does not change who you are.

to elaborate more, your equation is one that doesnt prove your point.

2+2 =/=5

but no one said the agreed with you plugging in 2+2 or that they agreed the answer to the equation was 5.

X+Y = 5

X could be 0,1,2,3,4 or 5

Y could be 5,4,3,2,1,or 0

there are alot of things you could plug in to get 5.

there is also the argument that the equation should be

X + Y = Z

because you are not God and you dont know all the answers or even the questions to ask to get to the answer of the question.

Last edited by dsjj251; 01-18-2013 at 08:38 AM..

Old 01-18-2013, 08:31 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
If you make it your priority to decide who was more guilty, then I am sure you can find opinion writers who agree with you and those who disagree. I do not care who is more guilty, because clearly they are both quilty. It is a matter of opinion who is "more quilty". Many would agree that those who conspired, and laid false accusations and false evidence are more quilty (they started the process), while some will argue that those who could have stopped it, but didn't, are most guilty (you), some will say the crowd outside who refused to release Jesus, but instead released a murderer (Barabbas), are most guilty, and some will say that those soldiers who hammered in the nails are ultimately the ones who killed Him.

It's a matter of opinion. Take your pick, but what does it matter who is "more guilty". It doesn't matter, does it?
Then the question begs to be asked: If it matters not who is guilty (or more guilty), why mention the Jews in the first place?

Old 01-18-2013, 08:35 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,430,343 times
Quote:

And your friend the restaurant owner CHOSE to act in a disrespectful, rude, combative way. You have no problem with that, yet you have a problem with a homosexual couple whose only crime was eating together in a restaurant. Being a bad person is a choice too - why did this restaurant owner choose to be a bad person under the guise of his faith?

Old 01-18-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Yes, you can choose to believe something, people do it all the time.
Can you choose to believe 2 + 2 = 5?

No. Either you believe it, or you don't. People can convince you to believe something by presenting evidence, or persuasive arguments, and then you believe it, it is not a choise. Something has to click in your head before you can truly believe something. You can choose to accept things without truly believing them.

The same rule applies to evangelism. A person who evenglizes to others needs to understnad that they cannot make anyone believe in God, it is God's job to open a persons heart so they will receive the message and believe. The purpose of evangelism is to plant the seed, which will cause the person to seek God.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
And your friend the restaurant owner CHOSE to act in a disrespectful, rude, combative way.
That is your personal opinion. I do not see his actions that way.

Quote:
You have no problem with that, yet you have a problem with a homosexual couple whose only crime was eating together in a restaurant.
When did I say I had a problem with them eating there? I never said that.

Quote:
Being a bad person is a choice too - why did this restaurant owner choose to be a bad person under the guise of his faith?
He was not a bad person. He acted out of love, and desire to share his faith. Being clumsy about it doesn't make him a bad person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies