Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 02:23 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And as a result of his actions, he turned who knows how many people away from Christianity because he's a jerk who makes Christianity look pathetic.
You don't know how many seek God because of him

Quote:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
Indeed. I am sure you mean well with all your efforts to "be nice" and approve sin, but the fact remains that it is a highway to hell.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:34 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,224,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. .
As do MILLIONS of people.

Thankfully, not many of them feel the need to write notes condemning two people who only wanted to enjoy a nice dinner out. Were that true the restaurant business go belly up.

The note said these two women were "hurting everyone around them". Who were they possibly hurting by sitting in a restaurant having a meal? The owner? Because he has a gay daughter he doesn't seem to get along with? If he's hurt he needs to figure out how to heal his own relationships.

Let us know if you find out that these two women were lecturing the owner on lesbianism.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,566,540 times
Wow - this continues to go on and on.

My final thoughts are:

This Rest. owner should have kept his beliefs to himself - he's a friggin businessowner - you don't offend you patrons!!

Those who are liberals condemn certain lifestyles (those of "born again" christians, those who vote for tax cuts and less spending, those who like guns, etc) They condemn this lifestyle on the basis that "these people are intolerant, hateful, ignorant, etc. etc.

Those who are conservatives and condemn certain lifestyes (those that have alternative lifestyles, that aren't christians, who believe the govt should do more for people, etc. etc. etc.

There are those out there that blame religion for all the worlds ills. There are those out there that blame non-believers for all the ills of the world.

It takes all types - so let's just coexist and not hate on those who hold different beliefs than you do - whether those beliefs are conservative/liberal, religious/non-religious,

Old 01-13-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
As do MILLIONS of people.

Thankfully, not many of them feel the need to write notes condemning two people who only wanted to enjoy a nice dinner out. Were that true the restaurant business go belly up.
The note does not condemn them, their lifestyle does. The note warns them of it.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:58 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,389,795 times
My answers are in Bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Passing a note is "forcing"? How is that?

It was not a note complementing the women on their fashion sense it was a disgusting and vile misspelled attempt to "" notify "" the women of their "" wrongdoing""

The size of the town is a factor? How is that?

My biological mother lives in Franklin NC in the extreme western part of the state within the confines of this tiny community there is a disproportionate amount of "" Christian "" churches for the population at hand both in the town's limits and the surrounding countryside.
It is of no surprise that those that agree with such congregate within the enclaves of Southern small town America and in doing so dominates the fabric of that particular area.

What is he reaping? The hate of the unbelievers? I dont' think he minds, because Jesus himself said the world will hate His followers the same way it hated Him. Christians are well aware that many people will reject the truth, and sling insuts when they spread the word.

Oh I beg to differ. He's already lamenting his stupidity. It will be a pleasure to read of his declining sales because of his idiotic move to express an opinion when he was not asked for it.

Like I said, Jesus explained the attacks already ""If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."
Then you have one thing of utmost importance for you to do and that is to leave this earth as quickly as possible.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:01 PM

38,648 posts, read 26,421,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
For every action there is a reaction.

If Christians mind their own business, stop pushing their beliefs on other people and stop "helping" people that don't fit their beliefs, they wouldn't get the backlash they get from the people on the receiving end of their preaching.

Oh, I get it!

Andrew Klavan: Shut Up. - YouTube

Must be nice to know that you don't have to examine your own actions or views because you already know you're right and other people are wrong.

Last edited by momonkey; 01-13-2013 at 03:18 PM..

Old 01-13-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
My answers are in Bold.

Then you have one thing of utmost importance for you to do and that is to leave this earth as quickly as possible.
Sounds like you are saying "the sooner the better", but I will leave the timing of my death to God.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-13-2013 at 03:49 PM..

Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 PM

33,568 posts, read 37,185,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No, you don't get it...Nobody is saying shut up. What they are saying, is mind your own damned business.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Oh, I get it!
Interesting, but I don't think it is a left/right issue. There are many Christians who vote Democrat, and many pro-gays who vote Republican.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:11 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,723,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingTactics45 View Post
Someone doesn't like gays....

There are many more.

Get over it.

Not everybody like guns either.
Well then Gays with Guns should give everyone something to fear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies