Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The caricature of a liberal being a peaceful flower child is decades old.

If you guys want to parody a liberal, you should have made her look like a hipster, but you probably don't know what a hipster is or looks like.
Aren't hipsters and hippies the same?? They have the word hip in it. Seriously, the video is stupid. Might as well as made her wear a tie dye t shirt playing the tamborine. Conservatives are so square it's not even funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Haha, what are hipster hangouts?
Former neighborhoods and establishments that had character before hipsters invaded and homogenized the places.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:08 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
He just hasn't signed the executive order to allow his third term.

He keeps making references to the Great Depression like he wants to be Roosevelt or that guy in Germany who was in power during most of the 30's.

Unless he disposes of the legislative branch and the judicial branch, he cannot just sign an executive order to overturn the 22nd Amendment and make himself available to win a third term. That's what checks and balances are for

Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Making a mockery of the Bible isn't really cool!

Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Making a mockery of the Bible isn't really cool!
I thought that the thread was making a mockery of liberals.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:18 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,145 times
Man I thought the video was gonna have hippie music or at least someone beating on the bungalows. It was ok, but she lacked personality in her character, she probably could have danced or had her gestures be more fluid, could have had a sing song voice, or a light lilt or something. Just wasn't feeling her charcter. The words are stupid funny though. I wonder what made them think of hemp oil and why they think it's to generalize hippies though? I mean hemp oil, is a good moisturizer, hemp is not just used to collect the leaves and smoke it, that plant has soooooooooo many uses, and the companies that are dominant in this country does not want hemp to be advertised so much. I have a bottle of hemp lotion and aside from dove, is the only lotion that moisturizes my skin, and doesn't irritate my skin; I have psorasis and eczema (not a pretty combo).

I hope next presidential election, neither democrats nor republicans win the election. I hope an independent party does; people are so caught up with either or, we don't pay attention to other options.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:18 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Don't confuse them ... they are confused enough already.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:19 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,379 times
Default hypocrites

Quote:
By referencing the Bible? I would think that a holy roller would be offended by this, guess as long as liberals are mocked, it's ok if the Bible is also. Just confirms that some holy rollers are hypocrites.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
By referencing the Bible? I would think that a holy roller would be offended by this, guess as long as liberals are mocked, it's ok if the Bible is also. Just confirms that some holy rollers are hypocrites.
Did you know that baseball is mentioned in the Bible? Genesis 1:1 - "In the (big inning) God created the heavens and the earth"

Japanese cars are also mentioned - Paul says in one of his epistles that he wants his audience to be in one accord.

Women liked shopping in Solomons time: "She considers a field and buys it, out of her profits she plants a vineyard". - Proberbs 31:16.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:25 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
And it also goes to show that flying pigs might exist after all, since we now have liberals coming to the defense of the Bible.

But maybe it's just proof that some people take their confusion to levels never before seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies