Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 09:12 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
True, I was commenting in another thread regarding two white males walking around with semi-automatic rifles and i asked whould this have flown if they were black..........still no answer
I feel like if a Black man walked down the street with a gun like that, I think it would evoke fear in many people. Actually, there are were laws in the old days explicitly prohibiting Blacks from owning guns. After the slaves were freed, Mississippi passed a law prohibiting the newly freed persons from owning guns, until Reconstruction came and those laws were repealed. After Reconstruction ended, some of the Southern states passed taxes and prohibited the purchase of cheap firearms, making it nearly impossible for alot of Blacks to get guns because most Blacks were poor. The KKK wanted gun control so that they could terrorize Blacks.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I feel like if a Black man walked down the street with a gun like that, I think it would evoke fear in many people. Actually, there are were laws in the old days explicitly prohibiting Blacks from owning guns. After the slaves were freed, Mississippi passed a law prohibiting the newly freed persons from owning guns, until Reconstruction came and those laws were repealed. After Reconstruction ended, some of the Southern states passed taxes and prohibited the purchase of cheap firearms, making it nearly impossible for alot of Blacks to get guns because most Blacks were poor. The KKK wanted gun control so that they could terrorize Blacks.

They know this as well, thats why no one could honestly answer the question honestly

Old 01-21-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
They know this as well, thats why no one could honestly answer the question honestly
It could be suspected that

1) Said persons try to downplay or deny that such prejudice exists.
2) Some of those very persons might feel that Blacks shouldn't own guns. Someone on this thread pretty much said it would be better if all minorities were disarmed.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:29 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Ok, lets be more specific "how many black serial killers are there compared to white serial killers?" You gave a percentage now provide a list of black serial killers in the past ten years that backs up what you posted.
(I think you mean mass killers) How in the world am I going to list them? You probably have to submit a special request to the FBI or have access to the records to gain that info.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
(I think you mean mass killers) How in the world am I going to list them? You probably have to submit a special request to the FBI or have access to the records to gain that info.
In that case, I would not be making any more mentions about mass killers statistics if you don't have all of the right information.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
In that case, I would not be making any more mentions about mass killers statistics if you don't have all of the right information.

The information is correct and accurate, but statistics is just that, statistics. We have car accident stats, but not the information on the individual drivers, male teenagers are charged more for car insurance based on the actuarial statistics about their driving habits. This isn't a new concept.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:

The information is correct and accurate, but statistics is just that, statistics. We have car accident stats, but not the information on the individual drivers, male teenagers are charged more for car insurance based on the actuarial statistics about their driving habits. This isn't a new concept.
You mentioned mass shootings. That is what I was talking about.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
You mentioned mass shootings. That is what I was talking about.
I know, but again when you get statistics you aren't handed the raw data.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I know, but again when you get statistics you aren't handed the raw data.
At least with mass shootings it is difficult. This is part of why it is hard to get an accurate assessment on shooting.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:49 PM

I think another way to approach the "gun control" issue is to ask these questions.

1) Why do some of these mass shooters go on these rampages?
2) Why does Black-on-Black violence occur?

These questions need to be asked because the problems with violence in this nation, in my opinion, are a symptom of other problems. One thing that disturbs me about Ann Coulter is that I don't think she's truly interested in solving problems. I think she is just a loudmouth who just says "it's Blacks" without really giving any thought as to the causes of violence in this nation. It isn't merely about WHO commits violence, but why the persons are committing that violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies