Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 01:39 PM

527 posts, read 1,020,271 times

Advertisements

Has anyone looked this up? I would hope everyone that likes to Google does look up Teqiyya and Kitman. I was in Jamaica Queens which has a large population of muslims and they were selling different books about Teqiyya- I was curious and looked it up- I think its time we all open our eyes to what is going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 01:52 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,526,325 times
Interesting find

Al-Taqiyya (the lawful lie) and Kitman (the lawful half-truth) is something that is special for Islam. You find this kind of accepted dishonesty in no other of the major religions – and in few of the minor ones.

Actually al-Taqiyya and Kitman are not explicitly introduced in the Quran. It is based on conclusions Islamic scholars have made from things said and done about (dishonest) planning or cheating, honesty, breaking of oaths, etc. in the book and in Hadiths. See the verses below.

The Quran and Islam tell that in principle you should be honest. But in many cases where dishonesty will give a better result, you are permitted to lie and even to make false oaths or to break oaths you have made. In some cases Allah will say it is ok, and in other cases he will say; “ok – if you pay me some money or give me a gift for expiation afterwards”. And then in some cases it is not only permitted, but obligatory to use it if necessary: To defend or promote Islam.

1000 Mistakes and errors in the Quran

Three things about Islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib9ro...layer_embedded

Old 02-10-2011, 02:41 PM

425 posts, read 653,589 times
For those who deny the fact that Islam is perhaps the only major religion that explicitly endorses lying, ask yourself: how many times have you heard the phrase "Islam means Peace"?

That's what they tell you kuffars. Actually it means "submission". And the only peace that Islam promises is for those who submit.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
For those who deny the fact that Islam is perhaps the only major religion that explicitly endorses lying, ask yourself: how many times have you heard the phrase "Islam means Peace"?
I suppose had the Catholic church established a little taqiyya they would have far fewer martyrs, which is probably why Catholics don't have such a thing. Wether Islam is the religion of peace it sure as hell is the religion of survival, since taqiyya only speaks to concealing one's faith where being a open adherent to Islam could get you killed (see the Reconquista and the Inquisition).

As for the argument that no other religion allows lying or half truths... that may be true but it isn't for any of the other two Abrahamic religions which Islam sprang from. Certainly Christ did not condemn Peter for committing both taqiyya or kitman when he denied Christ. And there are no proscriptions against telling one's wife that she looks just dandy in her new dress, when you know that it is 3 sizes too small and a color so horrendous it looks like a bad set of drapes (Kitman).

An interesting discussion by a Muslim (if you have the intellectual balls to consider it with an open mind) regarding these too guiding principles comparing Islam to its Judeo-Christian cousins.

http://spencerwatch.com/2010/08/15/s...istian-belief/

Old 02-10-2011, 03:41 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,308,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Wether Islam is the religion of peace it sure as hell is the religion of survival, since taqiyya only speaks to concealing one's faith where being a open adherent to Islam could get you killed (see the Reconquista and the Inquisition).
One of the classic examples of Taqiyya during Mohammad's time was when he wanted to have one of his detractors killed. One of his followers asked if he (Mohammad) wanted him to kill the man. Mohammad said yes. During hte course of planning the assassination the follower told Mohammad that it would be difficult to get close to his target. He asked Mohammad if it would be permitted for him to say bad things about Mohammad in order to gain the man's trust. Mohammad said tht would be fine. The plan went down well and the assassin was successful in his mission.

"Narrated Jabir : The Prophet said, ‘Who is ready to kill Ka’b bin Ashraf (i.e. a Jew).’ Muhammad bin Maslama replied, ‘Do you like me to kill him?’ The Prophet replied in the affirmative. Muhammad bin Maslama said, ‘Then allow me to say what I like.’ [i.e. to lie]. The Prophet replied ‘I do (i.e. allow you).’" Bukhari vol.4 book 52 ch.159 no.271 p.168

Old 02-10-2011, 03:44 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
I suggest this be moved to the Religion forum.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:45 PM

21 posts, read 19,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
Has anyone looked this up? I would hope everyone that likes to Google does look up Teqiyya and Kitman. I was in Jamaica Queens which has a large population of muslims and they were selling different books about Teqiyya- I was curious and looked it up- I think its time we all open our eyes to what is going on.

more muslim fear mongering?

Old 02-10-2011, 04:09 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,308,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyc View Post
more muslim fear mongering?
How is asking people to look up information and become informed fear mongering?

Old 02-10-2011, 07:42 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Default A timely example at the NY Times

Their so-called "moderate" journalist preaching something entirely different than what he writes in his columns.

New York Times Covers Up for Its Favorite Muslim Brother - Big Journalism

Old 02-10-2011, 08:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Seems logical enough to me.

source: taqiyyah (religious doctrine) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

Quote:
taqiyyah, in Islam, the practice of concealing one’s belief and foregoing ordinary religious duties when under threat of death or injury. Derived from the Arabic word waqa (“to shield oneself”), taqiyyah defies easy translation. English renderings such as “precautionary dissimulation” or “prudent fear” partly convey the term’s meaning of self-protection in the face of danger to oneself or, by extension and depending upon the circumstances, to one’s fellow Muslims. Thus, taqiyyah may be used for either the protection of an individual or the protection of a community. Moreover, it is not used or even interpreted in the same way by every sect of Islam. Taqiyyah has been employed by the Shīʿites, the largest minority sect of Islam, because of their historical persecution and political defeats not only by non-Muslims but also at the hands of the majority Sunni sect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies