Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2012, 05:20 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times

Advertisements

Judge tosses charge against Muslim who allegedly attacked atheist for mocking Mohammed « Hot Air

Not only did he ignore evidence, saying there wasnt enough, he gives the accuser a lecture about Islam.

The worst parts of all this is the lecture and that the State cant appeal. Oh and of course, a judge clearly using his Muslim religion to basically let a fellow Muslim get off scott free while bashing the accuser.

Judges comments to accuser in court:

Quote:
Before you start mocking someone else’s religion you may want to find out a little bit more about it. That makes you look like a doofus…

Here in our society, we have a constitution that gives us many rights, specifically, First Amendment rights. It’s unfortunate that some people use the First Amendment to deliberately provoke others. I don’t think that’s what our forefathers really intended. I think our forefathers intended that we use the First Amendment so that we can speak our mind, not to **** off other people and other cultures, which is what you did.

I don’t think you’re aware, sir, there’s a big difference between how Americans practice Christianity – uh, I understand you’re an atheist. But, see, Islam is not just a religion, it’s their culture, their culture. It’s their very essence, their very being. They pray five times a day towards Mecca. To be a good Muslim, before you die, you have to make a pilgrimage to Mecca unless you are otherwise told you cannot because you are too ill, too elderly, whatever. But you must make the attempt…

Then what you have done is you’ve completely trashed their essence, their being. They find it very, very, very offensive. I’m a Muslim, I find it offensive. [Unintelligble] aside was very offensive.

But you have that right, but you’re way outside your bounds on First Amendment rights.
I will say that to do what the accuser did was pretty juvenile but the Muslim defendant's and judge's actions were far, far worse. This man needs to lose his job as a judge and should be disciplined further with jail time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 06:18 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times

Sharia in Pennsylvania: Muslim Attacks Infidel, Muslim Judges Rules for Attacker - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies