Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 11:15 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
I would shoot them and when down one more to make sure they stay down. Not a problem.
Well in all 50 states and the District of Columbia it would be, since you went from a legal use of deadly force to 2nd degree murder and while you might be able to get away with not going to jail, you are going to spend a whole lot of money in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
It's hard to say what I would do in this type of situation. Hopefully I'd be rational enough to take the course of action most likely to save my life.

On the other hand, gut shooting someone who seriously threatened your life, might feel like the thing to do at the time.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I was asked if I could shoot someone provided that I had a gun. What do you want me to tell you? No? Is that the correct answer?

Why would you carry a tool if you're not gonna use it? What's the point? To feel tough? If I have it, and you're physically threatening me, I'm swiss cheesin' ya up. Otherwise, I'm a damn fool.

Bad *****? Not really. But I'm not laying down either. I am cool though. Really cool.
LOL. WOOOOSH!!! Right over your head, and you did it again in this post. "carry a tool". "Swiss cheesin' ya up"??? LOL Who the hell talks like that??? Is that you being "cool"???

Old 01-17-2013, 12:15 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If you had a rope around your throat and a knife being waved in a threatening manner, what would you do to these teen women ?
If I had a firearm that I could access would I use it?

Without hesitation.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:46 PM

94 posts, read 50,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Nice to see you back, and thanks for toning down the Big Fighting Marine persona.
You come accross as a total blowhard. An anti-gun/pro-gun fool. Which is it numbnuts?
Go get ****ed!

Old 01-17-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
It seems to me that you first have to be in a position to defend yourself. If someone (in the backseat of a car) has a rope around your neck (and pulling it back as to choke you), then you are in no position to effectively use any weapon or resist. Once someone has the drop on you - whether you decide to accept it or fight it - the assailant has the winning hand.
It ain't over until one of us is in a bag....never foget that. You never give up and never quit.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:50 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
I have a weapon and yes I would and have used it. HOWEVER, being a cab driver...there are certain risks...I would have to decide if I could grab my gun, turn around and shoot before the person shoots me...so chances are no they are going to kill me first. I would just give them the money....

Old 01-17-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I have a weapon and yes I would and have used it. HOWEVER, being a cab driver...there are certain risks...I would have to decide if I could grab my gun, turn around and shoot before the person shoots me...so chances are no they are going to kill me first. I would just give them the money....
You wouldn't have to turn around if you praticed point shooting. You also don't even need to remove your weapon out of your pocket if it's a shrouded hammer snubnose....like say a S&W 638 Body Guard or 642. You can empty all five and never remove it from your pocket. And yes, .38 SPL will go through a coat.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:18 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
If you had a weapon, would you defend yourself ?

I'm pretty sure that's why I bought a gun. That said, I suspect it would be very difficult to shoot someone. It would be a split-second decision, and I might dwaddle. I hope I never find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Block289 View Post
You come accross as a total blowhard. An anti-gun/pro-gun fool. Which is it numbnuts?
Go get ****ed!
Try the ignore button. It works wonders.

lol

Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well in all 50 states and the District of Columbia it would be, since you went from a legal use of deadly force to 2nd degree murder and while you might be able to get away with not going to jail, you are going to spend a whole lot of money in the process.
If he lives in a city with an overworked police force, they will let it go. it will never see the inside of a courtroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies